User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1
    Site Sponsor SGT ROC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    N Central PA
    Posts
    1,047
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Livingroom slide doing the herkey jerkey

    I have looked up in the search engine on here, and looked on you tube. I can not find any reference to a Schwintek slide bouncing, doing the herkey jerkey , when moving it in or out. It's sometimes pretty bad. Any suggestions, solutions?
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

  2. #2
    Site Sponsor
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Winsted, Mn
    Posts
    486
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless you have gravel on the floor that the rollers are going over, the only thing that comes to mind is, could it be possible that your drive motor gears aren't meshing properly with the racks on the slide room walls?

    Is your rig level front to rear? I've run into that before. Not necessarily the herkey jerkey thing, but the slide does sound noticeably different if my rig isn't totally level front to rear.

  3. #3
    Site Sponsor SGT ROC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    N Central PA
    Posts
    1,047
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TyeeMan View Post
    Unless you have gravel on the floor that the rollers are going over, the only thing that comes to mind is, could it be possible that your drive motor gears aren't meshing properly with the racks on the slide room walls?

    Is your rig level front to rear? I've run into that before. Not necessarily the herkey jerkey thing, but the slide does sound noticeably different if my rig isn't totally level front to rear.
    Thanks for the reply. I have looked for abnormal wear on the racks - don't see anything I would say is out of the ordinary. I autoleveled, and since I changed my parking spot to out back, I have checked it twice to make sure everything is good with a 2' and then a 4' level. I did spray some lube on the rollers but I don't know how effective that actually is.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

  4. #4
    Site Sponsor
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Winsted, Mn
    Posts
    486
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2970 RL is currently in our driveway which has a pretty good slope to it towards the bottom. Front to rear I'm off level by a little more than 1/2 a bubble on the level and my Schwintek slide does not like it.

  5. #5
    Paid my dues 😁 FT4NOW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,060
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried the motor synch procedure? It involves cycling the slide a bunch and holding the buttons when full open and closed. If you search online for Schwintek motor sync you'll probably find it. On a side note, you should regularly hold the shut and open button a few seconds after slide motion stops to keep the motors synched.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 311BHS
    2018 F350 CC/LB/Firestone bags/Reese Goose Box

    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH
    SOLD - 2016 F350 CC/LB/DRW/Curt Q24/Air Lift Load Lifter 5000

  6. #6
    Site Team Ynot4me2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    ON & QC Canada
    Posts
    2,166
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed on mine when I winterize it last fall that it would jerk when my battery was low. Also maybe try lubing the motors.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

  7. #7
    Site Sponsor SGT ROC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    N Central PA
    Posts
    1,047
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Have you tried the motor synch procedure? It involves cycling the slide a bunch and holding the buttons when full open and closed. If you search online for Schwintek motor sync you'll probably find it. On a side note, you should regularly hold the shut and open button a few seconds after slide motion stops to keep the motors synched.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I have not done that as the slide seems to move in and out evenly. I'll try it though!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I noticed on mine when I winterize it last fall that it would jerk when my battery was low. Also maybe try lubing the motors.
    I'm always plugged into my 30amp when home so that should not be an issue.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

  8. #8
    Big Traveler geotex1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,975
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check your battery. Doesn't matter if on shore power. The controller is driven by the 12VDC system. If you don't have a stuck or impeded roller and no sign of damage or wear on the racks, it's almost certainly with the controller for such a young coach and usually insufficient voltage will do it. Monitor it while someone runs the slide.

    Now this assumes was running right beforehand and the circumstance doesn't change if you operate the slide without the coach on its jacks.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

    Mountains of Pennsylvania

  9. #9
    Site Team D2Reid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Somewhere, USA
    Posts
    2,555
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    Schwintek slide bouncing, doing the herkey jerkey , when moving it in or out.
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    I have not done that as the slide seems to move in and out evenly.
    First off I am not a huge fan of Schwintek slides, I have 3 of them so I have to deal with it. I am having trouble understanding what's wrong. I have never seen a Schwintek slide bounce. That would be something to focus on. Herkey jerkey I see a lot. Those two little motors trying to stay in synch while dragging a slide against rubber seals. The synchronization process itself, not always smooth.

    I guess a better description of the issue will be necessary before my simple mind can grasp the problem.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

  10. #10
    Site Team Redapple63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    First off I am not a huge fan of Schwintek slides, I have 3 of them so I have to deal with it. I am having trouble understanding what's wrong. I have never seen a Schwintek slide bounce. That would be something to focus on. Herkey jerkey I see a lot. Those two little motors trying to stay in synch while dragging a slide against rubber seals. The synchronization process itself, not always smooth.

    I guess a better description of the issue will be necessary before my simple mind can grasp the problem.
    The only thing I can think of that would make it bounce like that is a loose track. It is called the H Frame, and there are two on each side bolted together and to the slide. With nothing else to go on, check the frame to itself and to the slide. That is honestly the only thing I can think of. Of you have more than one Schwintec, you could try swapping control modules to help rule out a bad module.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.