2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Lippert says only to use CRC power lube with PTFE but anything similar should work.
    Online Lippert video says to use mentioned CRC lube but tech support says to use nothing on racks and just clean racks. They said that they have been trying to get the video taken down.

[email protected]
    432-LIPPERT (432-547-7378)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i used the rv slideout lubricant spray. i used that on my slideout rails etc religiously but will make sure from now on to include those little rollers.
    the other mistake i made is to not keep the slide button pressed after it fully extended or retracted to keep those motors in sync. learning a lot from this forum
    we are camping this weekend and the slide is working great and quietly again
    ted

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did they say why not to use lubricants?

does dust and dirt stick to it? i’ve not noticed that on mine and we live in a dust bowl here.

Thank you

Ted

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by treichelt View Post
    did they say why not to use lubricants?

does dust and dirt stick to it? i’ve not noticed that on mine and we live in a dust bowl here.

Thank you

Ted
    Lippert did not say why to not use the lubricants but likely relates to collecting dirt and sand. I heard from one tech that the fit between gear and rack is so close that a thicker lubricant (like grease) does not allow sufficient clearance between teeth and causes issues. He also said not to use lubricant with the possible exception of putting a very small amount where the shoe slides in the track right at the first inch of the track near the RV wall and shoe will wipe it in slot as slide retracts.

I called Lippert a few months back to ask which CRC lubricant to use because the one mentioned in above post is not a dry lube and CRC has a dry PTFE lube also. They said to use neither. It seems to me that the non dry lube would collect dust more. I have only had my slide 1.5 years so can't go by experience and have not used any lube on rack. I wash rack and sometimes hit it with a small brush.
    Last edited by TimtheToolMan; 05-09-2021 at 10:16 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would sure like to see an "official" statement from Lippert or Grand Design on lubricating the Schwintek. There have been so many issues with this system and it would be nice to at least take lubrication, or lack of, out of the picture.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recall reading somewhere, which I believe was from Lippert, and Buying the CRC w/PTFE per the recommendation . That is what I use.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    I would sure like to see an "official" statement from Lippert or Grand Design on lubricating the Schwintek. There have been so many issues with this system and it would be nice to at least take lubrication, or lack of, out of the picture.
    Would be nice to know for sure? Seems like it would need some type of lube to last long term!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the you tube Video from Lippert. Since they make the system I would think they should know what they want for lube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KbVRFMo1Rg
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    Email response to me from Lippert:

Sent: Friday, June 19, 2020 8:40 AM
    To: xxxxxxxxx
    Subject: RE: Lipper Schwintek In-Wall Slide-Out System. Maintenance [ref:_00Di0aIhw._5001Y1Q8kLG:ref ]
    Good morning Tim,

Thank you for reaching out to us. This is a very old video and we are trying to get our tech publication team to take this down. We do not recommend using ANY lubricant on this system. The only thing you need to do is wash the slide rack, box and seals with Dawn dish soap and warm water and let air dry. That is it. No lubrication is needed. I have added a link to the Owner's Manual for assistance as well.

Page 12: (edited, the link mentioned in above email can be found by searching for: ccd_0001602.pdf

Anthony Vega
    Customer Service Rep.
    Lippert Components
    P: 574.537.8900 | F: 574.534.7161

Page 12 of 2018 manual states:
    System Maintenance
    It is recommended that when operating In-WallŪ Slide-out system in harsh environments (road salt, ice buildup, etc.) that the gear racks and seals be kept clean and free of debris. They can be washed with mild soap and water. Note: No grease or lubrication is necessary, and in some situations may be detrimental to the long-term dependability of the system.

Just now went on Lippert site and found 2019 manual: https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...0001573-10.pdf

For In -Wall Side-Outs
    System Maintenance
    It is recommended that when operating In-Wall Slide-out system in harsh environments (road salt, ice
    buildup, etc.) that the gear racks and seals be kept clean and free of debris. They can be washed with mild
    soap and water.
    Note: No grease or lubrication is necessary, and in some situations may be detrimental to the long-term
    dependability of the system.

Which states on page 68 (Edited, This is for Simrack Slide_Out):

Maintenance
    The Lippert Components Slide-Out system has been designed to require very little maintenance. To ensure the
    long life of the Slide-Out system, read and follow these simple procedures:
    1. When slide-out room is extended, visually inspect the slide gear rack assemblies. Check for excess
    buildup of dirt or other foreign material. Remove any debris that may be present.
    2. If the system squeaks or makes any noises, hand apply a dry lubricant to prevent and/or stop squeaking.

Sorry for any confusion. -Tim
    Last edited by TimtheToolMan; 05-09-2021 at 03:56 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast