Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Livingroom slide doing the herkey jerkey

I have looked up in the search engine on here, and looked on you tube. I can not find any reference to a Schwintek slide bouncing, doing the herkey jerkey , when moving it in or out. It's sometimes pretty bad. Any suggestions, solutions?
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless you have gravel on the floor that the rollers are going over, the only thing that comes to mind is, could it be possible that your drive motor gears aren't meshing properly with the racks on the slide room walls?

Is your rig level front to rear? I've run into that before. Not necessarily the herkey jerkey thing, but the slide does sound noticeably different if my rig isn't totally level front to rear.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TyeeMan View Post
    Unless you have gravel on the floor that the rollers are going over, the only thing that comes to mind is, could it be possible that your drive motor gears aren't meshing properly with the racks on the slide room walls?

Is your rig level front to rear? I've run into that before. Not necessarily the herkey jerkey thing, but the slide does sound noticeably different if my rig isn't totally level front to rear.
    Thanks for the reply. I have looked for abnormal wear on the racks - don't see anything I would say is out of the ordinary. I autoleveled, and since I changed my parking spot to out back, I have checked it twice to make sure everything is good with a 2' and then a 4' level. I did spray some lube on the rollers but I don't know how effective that actually is.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2970 RL is currently in our driveway which has a pretty good slope to it towards the bottom. Front to rear I'm off level by a little more than 1/2 a bubble on the level and my Schwintek slide does not like it.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried the motor synch procedure? It involves cycling the slide a bunch and holding the buttons when full open and closed. If you search online for Schwintek motor sync you'll probably find it. On a side note, you should regularly hold the shut and open button a few seconds after slide motion stops to keep the motors synched.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed on mine when I winterize it last fall that it would jerk when my battery was low. Also maybe try lubing the motors.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Have you tried the motor synch procedure? It involves cycling the slide a bunch and holding the buttons when full open and closed. If you search online for Schwintek motor sync you'll probably find it. On a side note, you should regularly hold the shut and open button a few seconds after slide motion stops to keep the motors synched.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I have not done that as the slide seems to move in and out evenly. I'll try it though!

Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I noticed on mine when I winterize it last fall that it would jerk when my battery was low. Also maybe try lubing the motors.
    I'm always plugged into my 30amp when home so that should not be an issue.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    Schwintek slide bouncing, doing the herkey jerkey , when moving it in or out.
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    I have not done that as the slide seems to move in and out evenly.
    First off I am not a huge fan of Schwintek slides, I have 3 of them so I have to deal with it. I am having trouble understanding what's wrong. I have never seen a Schwintek slide bounce. That would be something to focus on. Herkey jerkey I see a lot. Those two little motors trying to stay in synch while dragging a slide against rubber seals. The synchronization process itself, not always smooth.

I guess a better description of the issue will be necessary before my simple mind can grasp the problem.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    First off I am not a huge fan of Schwintek slides, I have 3 of them so I have to deal with it. I am having trouble understanding what's wrong. I have never seen a Schwintek slide bounce. That would be something to focus on. Herkey jerkey I see a lot. Those two little motors trying to stay in synch while dragging a slide against rubber seals. The synchronization process itself, not always smooth.

I guess a better description of the issue will be necessary before my simple mind can grasp the problem.
    The only thing I can think of that would make it bounce like that is a loose track. It is called the H Frame, and there are two on each side bolted together and to the slide. With nothing else to go on, check the frame to itself and to the slide. That is honestly the only thing I can think of. Of you have more than one Schwintec, you could try swapping control modules to help rule out a bad module.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post

I guess I put two different problems in there It's jerking as it moves in or out. I am going to check some things and try the syncing later today.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast