User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Norcold Refrig code LI op?

Help! Got back to camp tonite and heard a beeping sound coming from inside our 307. Got inside to find the Norcold Refrig beeping and flashing LI op. The owner's manual says I can't fix it. Our dealer is 1500 miles away. It's still under warranty. Has anyone else seen this code? Will GD authorize a mobile RV tech to fix it?
    Barb and Blair, retired and loving it
    2017 F250 Lariat Super Cab, Short bed, 4x4, diesel, Tow Technology Bundle, Pullrite 16K Autoslide
    2017 Reflection 307MKS, 3/17 Build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This is related to the temp sensor. Was it raining hard or did you wash the rig by any chance?

If you have a strong magmet you can hold it on the sensor (in the lower black panel on the outside of the trailer) while someone turns it on. That typically resets it.

You can also jump the temp sensor and it will work fine. I had this happen just as I was leaving on a 3 month trip. I made a short jumper I keep right in the back panel in case. In my case I had just washed the trailer and it got pretty wet in there. BTW, when I returned I removed the jumper and it has worked perfectly for the last 2 years.

After this I got a strong magnet to keep with us but both ways works.

Edit: sorry about the sideways and incorrect picture. That is before I jump it. I will try to find the correct picture later. You should be able to find both the battery and the jump repair on the web.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20160728_103721.jpg  
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Paul. Tried the magnet and it appears to have worked according to the front panel- now says AU AC. However, aren't there supposed to be some fans running in the back of the fridge? I didn't hear them come on, so now wondering if the fan(s) failed and that caused the Hi Temp switch to trip. I'll watch it to see if temp holds in the fridge. I don't know how long it was off, but freezer still frozen and fridge still cold.

We are currently in Florida and it has been in the high 80's/low 90's and very humid until today. It's currently 60 and dropping. If the fans are temperature controlled, maybe it's cool enough outside to keep them off? We did have heavy rain yesterday until noon and wind was blowing at the camper side with the fridge. I didn't see anything that looked wet when I reset the switch (other that the drain pan that had 1/4" of water in it).

11/8/17- The muffin fan(s) never did come back on while in Florida. We winterized before heading back to Wisconsin. Next week I'm taking the RV to our dealer for some warranty repairs and will have them check out the Fridge also to see if the fan(s) have failed.
    Barb and Blair, retired and loving it
    2017 F250 Lariat Super Cab, Short bed, 4x4, diesel, Tow Technology Bundle, Pullrite 16K Autoslide
    2017 Reflection 307MKS, 3/17 Build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmillsbl View Post
    Help! Got back to camp tonite and heard a beeping sound coming from inside our 307. Got inside to find the Norcold Refrig beeping and flashing LI op. The owner's manual says I can't fix it. Our dealer is 1500 miles away. It's still under warranty. Has anyone else seen this code? Will GD authorize a mobile RV tech to fix it?
    Yes, they have. Or so that I've read. Call GD customer service in the morning and they can give you some ideas of how to proceed.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am experiencing the issue with my fridge. I'm going to go get a magnet and try that, but I would like to know where you jump the the wire to and from?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

James & Suzy 2015 F350 Platinum 2wd DW, 2005 Road King, 2017 GD376TH

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm having this issue, too. The actual code, according to the Norcold manual, is oP LI: A temperature limit switch is open.

I just washed my trailer, and now the refer beeps and displays this code. This is BS.

I don't understand the instructions Poppy gave to use a magnet or to "jump" the sensor. Can someone be more specific.

We have a big trip planned in two days, and we're getting beside ourselves.

So far we've had these major issues with our 2018 Solitude: Low point valve leaks, hydraulic pump contacts loose resulting in failure to retract jacks and slides, water pump failure. Entry and basement door closure problems. Entry door flew open en-route. Now the refer. This is just BS.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried the magnet. Placed a pretty strong magnet on the "therm-o-couple" looking barrel sensor and turned the refer on. Stayed on for about 15 seconds, then the control unit red light came on and the oP LI error code returned to the refer display panel.

So now I need jumping instructions.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found some good advice on RV.net. Turn the refer on and let it go into the oP LI state. The control unit behind the lower black panel on the outside of the trailer has a red LED that will be lit solid red. Place your strong magnet just above the red LED light and slide it around. The control panel ultimately clicks and the red LED light goes out. You're back in business.

Poppy's advice to place the magnet on the sensor was misleading to me. The magnet goes on the unit to which the sensor is attached. I still don't have a clue how to jumper the sensor. Would appreciate guidance. Thanks.

Keep the magnet.

So can someone explain why I have to have to access a refer panel and play with a magnet whenever I wash my trailer. IMHO -- this is BS.

-Steve

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not BS that's causing it, it's water. The module that you put the magnet on to reset gets wet. You can put a little shield over it or try to avoid high pressure water in that direction.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Model 1210T refer in our 2017 337 and have had this hitemp shutdown 3 times in the past year all occurring during heavy rain. I inspected the unit and could see no evidence of overheating - really recommend this inspection before attempting to reset the hitemp control. Each time I was able to successfully reset the unit using a small magnet. After this last incident, I fashioned a shield over the hitemp control board by cutting up a small plastic container and securing it in place with tape. Will have to wait for more thunderstorms (oh joy) to see if the shield works. If it seems to work, I will try to fashion a better and more permanent shield.
    2016 F350 4X4 CC SB SRW 6.7 Powerstroke with OEM 5th Wheel and Gooseneck Prep Package
    Bakflip G2 Bed Cover
    Andersen Ultimate Aluminum Fifth Wheel Hitch
    2017 Reflection 337RLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast