User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cellular Router and WiFi in 376 THS

Have a new 376THS. I have several devices (3) in the upper cabinet. One I can identify as a cellular modem. Attached to the back of that is a 2 antenna box that is obscured by the cellular modem (it is attached by sticky tape). Above that is a smaller back box with lights. See photo. I have no literature in the manual brick.

See photo

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E07D481F-495B-4592-8F3F-187DC76E566C.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	33858

I have no idea what those other 2 items are. They are placed such that I am unable to see a model number. The top (in black) is an LCI component, as for the one with antennas, I can’t see anything. Any ideas? And comments on functionality? Thank you.
    Matt
    2021 Momentum 376THS FW
    2020 Ram 3500 HO Cummins DRW LB
    B&W Companion 25K Splendide Washer and Dryer Separate DV6400X

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Have a new 376THS. I have several devices (3) in the upper cabinet. One I can identify as a cellular modem. Attached to the back of that is a 2 antenna box that is obscured by the cellular modem (it is attached by sticky tape). Above that is a smaller back box with lights. See photo. I have no literature in the manual brick.

See photo

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E07D481F-495B-4592-8F3F-187DC76E566C.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	33858

I have no idea what those other 2 items are. They are placed such that I am unable to see a model number. The top (in black) is an LCI component, as for the one with antennas, I can’t see anything. Any ideas? And comments on functionality? Thank you.
    That looks like the One Control local WiFi Direct module and the cellular Connect Anywhere module. For remote control of the One Control.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one in the back with wifi antennas is the WE826 LTE modem, it accepts an LTE sim card for internet access, has a USB port and SD card slot. The other two thinner wires on the unit are going to the LTE antenna on the roof.

• The WE826 is running a modified version of OpenWRT to intentionally limit your capabilities of the unit... no access to the config UI, sends you to a splash page attempting to sell you an LTE internet plan through Lippert when you try to login in and configure... no ssh access, etc... a blatant attempt to force consumers through Lippert for internet plans, and to position themselves as an LTE reseller.

• however, flashing it with The ROOTER Project variant of OpenWRT works very well on this unit and bypasses all of those limitations.

Important to note: the one in the back is, in fact, the LTE modem, the one on top of the LTE modem is the control module despite what the sticker indicates, they are two modules stuck together with 3m adhesive type tape.

The third unit down on the bottom of the picture is the remote gateway so that you can operate the OneControl system remotely, via the internet from anywhere, with the app from your phone.... out to dinner? turn on the AC's before you leave to cool down the rig by the time you get there, etc.
    Last edited by Marshal27; 05-14-2021 at 12:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marshall

You seem to have an excellent grasp of what is going on. I need to close my knowledge gap to make the best use of the components that exist with enhanced flexibility. Do you have a suggestion on how to actually implement what you are suggesting?
    Matt
    2021 Momentum 376THS FW
    2020 Ram 3500 HO Cummins DRW LB
    B&W Companion 25K Splendide Washer and Dryer Separate DV6400X

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matt-

The simplest approach would be to connect to your MyRV_<uniqeNumber> wifi SSID and then navigate to http://192.168.1.2 and purchase one of the LTE plans through Lippert available on that page.

• This will give you internet/wifi throughout the rig, and once the LTE modem is able to connect to the internet, then your gateway will work and you can operate OneControl remotely via the mobile app from anywhere... it is plug and play from the factory and just needs an LTE data plan for the router to access the internet.

If you are like me however and require more flexibility in terms of options, then flashing the router may be the way to go... I do however need to point out that this will void the unit's warranty and you are on your own should you decide to go this route. Also, important to note that any issues during the flashing process could complicate things further if it is not something you have a great deal of experience with.

With all of that out of the way... if it is something you are still interested in, I began a new thread today in the MOD section, it, unfortunately, is in the queue for moderator approval and has not been approved yet.. I could possibly post the instructions here if you are interested.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshal27 View Post

With all of that out of the way... if it is something you are still interested in, I began a new thread today in the MOD section, it, unfortunately, is in the queue for moderator approval and has not been approved yet.. I could possibly post the instructions here if you are interested.
    ​Your thread has been approved (Sat morning)
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/