User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How long to keep my Goodyear Endurance tires

I’ve got about 20,000 miles and three years on my Goodyear Endurance tires. My rig is a Reflection 29RS. Tread is not to the wear marks but close. Planning a out west trip, change them out or go all the way to the wear marks?

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm generally a 'change'm in 5 years or less' guy. I'd keep those on my trailer another season if only going for relatively short trips. But, if I was planning a trip out west, ie 1000's of miles, I'd change them before I left. Not because of age,but because you are getting close to the wear bars.

I also hate dealing with maintenance crap on a trip that I might have been able to prevent with a little pre-emptive action.
    Last edited by Scott'n'Wendy; 05-03-2021 at 05:25 PM.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a funny feeling that you'll get 2 difference of opinions with that question. How far is your trip? How long is your trip? Worse case is you change them during your trip if you see your getting dangerously low.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyvv View Post
    I’ve got about 20,000 miles and three years on my Goodyear Endurance tires. My rig is a Reflection 29RS. Tread is not to the wear marks but close. Planning a out west trip, change them out or go all the way to the wear marks?
    Keep in mind also that a thin tire is more likely to get punctured. Given that you are planning a major trip (significant mileage) and they are "getting close to the wear bars", if it were me I would put new tires on. I prefer the "ounce of prevention" method. Certainly not a guarantee, but I need all the help I can get.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trailer tires are getting hard to come by in my area ( Ohio). I would get them now and avoid the risk of not being able to find them when you need them.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the input. I’m going to get new ones before my out west trip. Just checked Simple tire and they’re on sale $144. Last time I bought from them, took off two a time, brought the to Sam’s Club, and they swapped them for $15.00 apiece.