Quote Originally Posted by Joe2001686 View Post
I only have two totes in my trailer pass through. Which is not much weight. Nothing in the holding tanks. That metal is kinda thin in my opinion. It does hold a lot of the weight of the trailer. I am in Nevada and it has been really hot and I think the heat has something to do with it. I have a call into grand design for resolution. I still have not heard back from them. I’ll keep you guys posted on the outcome.
I realize this thread is a year old and not sure if the OP @ArcticJ or @Joe2001686 are still on the forum however I'd be interested in knowing what, if any resolution/answers you received back from GD on this? My 2021 22MLE developed the exact same flex of the metal cross piece, thereby causing a dent in the lower front cap. Cracks are now forming where the metal has buckled. See attached pics. I doubt it was caused from excessive heat (located in Canada) and my pass through storage does not contain any significant heavy objects other that the usual water/sewer/electrical totes, couple lawn chairs, etc. Tools, generator, fuel, etc. are all carried in the truck box. Only extra weight on the tongue comes from 2 - 6 volt batteries vs 1 - 12 volt. I do have another issue with broken welds and a cracked frame that I will post in a new thread although these only showed up on a recent trip. Thanks for any comments.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3316.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	43210Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3318.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	43211Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3319.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	43212Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3320.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	43213