We had some downpours last night, with strong winds. This morning we noticed a patch of wet carpet on curb side at the front of the bed. You have to stick your hand down on the floor next to the bed between the bed frame and the little storage compartment. I went looking for a leak, and caulked a few areas on the outside cap trim, and slathered on some self leveling at the top of the cap. Still, nothing looked all that bad so not sure I found it.

Later on I realized there was water on top of the "nightstand" on the curb side that had leaked from behind the panel, and then I think ran onto the carpet. I took off the panel, but did not really notice anything, except the insulation at the very bottom of the cap was a little wet. I will leave the panel off until things finish drying out of course, but I still did not see huge amounts of water like I thought I would. I did notice some wires coming down from above to feed the lights and outlets.

Now my question is this. I remember looking at the clearance lights when I was on the roof. It seemed as though the black holder stuck out maybe an 1/8" from the cap. Did not think much of at the time, but now I wonder if rain could have been driven behind the clearance light and followed a wire down to the bedroom area? Has anyone had something like that happen? I pushed on the light a little and it did not move, but maybe caulk or press harder?