Hi all!
Just came back from our 3500+ mile/ 28 day maiden voyage. New to GD and new to RV life (other than five days in a rental class c for my 50th bday almost nine years ago). We had an amazing time. I've since learned that most people take their new rigs out for a local weekend on their first trip. Oh well, live and learn. Lol. I'll credit this forum for helping to make the first outing a booming success. So thank you all! You have all helped us with some organization tips, what to pack tips, and things to look out for tips.

We made it from NJ to Florida and back again with relatively few issues. We did have a problem with cycling "check trailer brakes" and "trailer brakes connected" messages when we came to a stop at a rest station on day three. After an hour on the phone with our dealer's service department, we were fairly confident it was not an active safety concern but more a communication issue between the truck and trailer. (Upon arrival in FL, we brought our new truck in for it's first service and they said we needed an adapter because it is a trailer issue... doubtful, but I'd love input if anyone else has had this problem.)

We arrived home yesterday and parked in our driveway. We extended the slide-out to empty everything from the bedroom and then... the slide-out would not retract! I can hear the motor making noise, but no slide movement happens. We felt lucky that this happened after our 28 days on the road and 10 stops at different campgrounds. But then our dealer said that they couldn't send a mobile service crew to us because we were NOT at a campsite. Really? Hopefully we will get some better news tomorrow. Should we contact GD CS?

The sour ending did not dampen our spirits and we can't wait to get out there again. The road is calling and we must go!