User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for letting us hang out in this forum and now joining from the sidelines

We are within a couple years of retirement. My two sons have been in TTs and camping for a while and been talking us into joining them. We think getting all the details figured out before we retired was the best thing to do. I did a lot of research and we settled on a GD 5th wheel. Last November we got lucky and found a Reflection 29RS that had an anxious seller because their new GD 5th was within weeks of being delivered. Pretty happy so far. The previous owner was great on cleaning and exterior cosmetics but left all maintenance up to dealers. Ugh. Spending my time bringing everything into good/better condition. Installed the 5th wheel hitch and the Morryde upgrades by myself, so that tells you I am pretty handy. Hope to see some of you out there.

Dan, drydocked (because my sailboat will no longer be in the water)
    Dan & Wendy, Greene,NY and Naples, NY
    2022 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L Gas with 5th wheel puck system, Demco 18K Autoslide
    2011 Silverado 2500HD, 3.73 => 4.10
    2016 Reflection 29RS, Morryde CRE3000, Wet bolt kit & XFactor Crossmembers

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh Dan the old boating days, we miss them. Yet our land yacht keeps us active and engaged. I am glad you found a project to keep you interested until you retire. We bought our first 5th wheel about a year before we pulled the plug. Then we jumped in with both feet, fulltiming. One of my old mantra's about boating was that every weekend was a boating weekend, half of them I got to use it and the other half I got to work on it. RV's are no different.

Anyway, welcome to the forum and welcome to the lifestyle, great adventure awaits.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks D2Reid. We are getting ready for the 1st rendezvous with my sons in Prairie Creek, AK the week before Memorial Day. Hoping the planning and prep makes it go smoothly.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and Welcome! It might be cold up there then.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OOPS! My bad! AR not AK.