User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am part of the crew that will say straight the 3500 with the Diesel, we have a Reflection 311BHS and I am grateful I ended up with the 3500. I had more squat than I wanted so I added airbags this year.

I have the GMC with the 6’9” bed and I have my hitch in the factory pucks. I am going to make a video one of these days and show how much room there is. I am also grateful I listened to the hitch shop vs the RV dealer and didn’t get a slider. I am not sure if Ford has made the same changes that GM made in 2020, it was explained to me they moved the pucks slightly back and with the longer bed the slider was no longer necessary.
    Kevin & Mary Lynn
    2020 Denali HD Diesel
    2021 Reflection 311BHS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long bed. Stability is a world of difference vs the shorter wheelbase on the 5.5 or 6.5 beds.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd also vote for a long bed as opposed to my 6.5' bed and sliding hitch. The only two downsides I can see are 1) will it fit in your garage? Mine fits - barely. 2) Even more difficulty parking when you're out and about.
    2020 Ford F150 XLT with HDPP, 3.5L TT V6, 6.5' bed, 3.73 axle, Curt A16 manual slider hitch.
    2021 GD Reflections 150 series 295RL 33' 5th
    Long ago: Carriage Lite 35' 5th, towed by Dodge Ram 2500 V10

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foothiller View Post
    I'd also vote for a long bed as opposed to my 6.5' bed and sliding hitch. The only two downsides I can see are 1) will it fit in your garage? Mine fits - barely. 2) Even more difficulty parking when you're out and about.
    FWIW, for me, parking my F350 crew cab, long bed, isn't an issue. I back into a space. For me, it's easier than trying to nose in. Personally, I hate the angled, one way parking lots. There usually isn't enough room in the opposite side due to the way most people park, unevenly. So, you have this saw-tooth edge you have to deal with on both sides, just to try to swing into the spot. In parking lots like that, I will park out in the boonies. It was even a PITA with my 6.5' bed SuperCrew F150, which was a whole 3.5' shorter than my F350.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We pull our 310 GK with a Ford F350, Dually, Long Bed.

We also Love, Love, Love, the Reese GooseBox hitch.

Often the ride is so smooth that we sometimes forget the Fifth Wheel is behind us.

I highly recommend the F350 Diesel, Dually, Long Bed, with the 20k GooseBox.

PS: My wife has no problems with driving the truck, she has also pulled the camper some.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MOzark View Post
    Greetings all,

Long time camper and always in a tent but my wife and I are ready take the next step to a Solitude 310GK. As the proverbial saying goes "don't put the cart before the horse", I am currently looking to trade my F150 Lariat for an F250 6.7L 8-Cylinder Diesel. This should handle the load but I'm getting mixed advice on bed size? Would a 6'9" bed w/ a sliding hitch work or should I look for an 8' bed? Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Go with the long bed dually. We made the leap from a short box crew cab to a long bed dually crew cab. The truck is my wife’s daily driver. She/we back into most parking spots and park a little further away from the stores. Our truck handles our 310GK like a dream, and with our 2021 GMC, I can see the sides of the 310GK, and I could not see the sides with our 2019 GMC crew cab short box. Get plenty of truck so you keep your trailer options open. For what it’s worth, the payload on our truck is 5,247 pounds.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a long bed and an Anderson hitch. You’ll be glad you did and not look back

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one ever woke up one morning and said, "Man, I wish I had less truck".

Actually, my F250 saved me money. It kept me from buying a trailer that I couldn't afford. LOL
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two years ago I got a 36' 5th wheel and needed a truck. I decided on a Ram 3500 SRW diesel because it would haul anything and I only wanted to buy ONE TRUCK. Since it is my daily driver, I am very happy with it. Since I got my new Reflection 260RD, the truck seems like a lot of overkill, but on back roads I am getting 15mpg and usually 24-25 on the highway, not towing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210511_193828.jpg  

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go with the F350 at a minimum. Long Bed and DWR if you can as most likely needed for your rig. If you need standard bed or SRW for parking in garage or other area: 1) get a slider hitch to reduce risk of taking out rear window, 2) be careful of rigs weight as you'll most likely be over trucks capacity and driving will be more dangerous.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast