User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps think long/hard about the 4x4 option. If you’re using the truck only for towing from one RV park to another, you can save some cost and weight and increase the bed rail clearance with a 4x2.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    Perhaps think long/hard about the 4x4 option. If you’re using the truck only for towing from one RV park to another, you can save some cost and weight and increase the bed rail clearance with a 4x2.
    Personally, I would only buy a truck with 4x4 for several reasons. Parking in the grass, or dirt is great dry, but damp and a slight hill, and it can be work to get the trailer in, or out of the spot. Many times, while I could have pulled the trailer out in 2-wheel drive, putting it in 4-wheel made it a non-event. No dig marks, full control. Second is looking in the future, selling a 4x4 is a lot easier than a 4x2.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post
    Hello,

I am going to bite the bullet and order a brand new F350 to tow our 320MKS. What towing configuration should I get with the new truck? I am going to order the Lariat 4x4. I'm not sure if I should go with the Diesel or the 7.3 gasser. What other options should I get for the best towing setup? What rear would be best, bed length, etc? Any help from the community would be great. I don't want to spend this kind of money and miss something that I should have done.

Thanks!
    Bought mine off the dealer's lot 4 yrs ago. Truck didn't come with the factory puck system or the upfitter switches. These are the only two items I would have ordered and really don't miss not having them. I've got the 4.10 gearing which I really like and the FX4 and chrome packages which I probably would have ordered anyway. It's been a great truck so far and tows our 377MBS Solitude with ease. Long wheelbase with the 48 gallon fuel tank is great to have.
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 377MBS

2017 Ford F-350 Lariat DRW...FX4...4.10's...White Gold/Caribou with Black interior. Curt Q20 hitch. BakFlip MX4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2017 Ford F-350 Lariat DRW...FX4...4.10's...White Gold/Caribou with Black interior. Curt Q20 hitch. BakFlip MX4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post
    Hello,

I am going to bite the bullet and order a brand new F350 to tow our 320MKS. What towing configuration should I get with the new truck? I am going to order the Lariat 4x4. I'm not sure if I should go with the Diesel or the 7.3 gasser. What other options should I get for the best towing setup? What rear would be best, bed length, etc? Any help from the community would be great. I don't want to spend this kind of money and miss something that I should have done.

Thanks!
    I would definitely look at the F-450 in Lariat or King Ranch for just about the same money. The F-450, to the best of my knowledge, only comes in 4 wheel drive, and yes it has gotten us out of a pickle more than once while we've been camping on the beach in Texas as well as some of the extremely Sandy campgrounds and muddy campgrounds throughout Louisiana. You'll also love the turning radius of the F-450 which will get you into campsites much easier. I currently own an F450 and have previously owned anF-350 and I don't think I could ever go back to an F-350.
    The only problem we have had with our F450 over the last 100,000 miles in a few years are with the tires themselves. Once you burn through the junk tires that come with the Ford look into the Cooper roadmasters they come in an off road configuration as well as a highway configuration.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are the options We chose for our F350 Lariat:

Dual Rear Wheels, Full Size Bed
    6.7 Diesel, it is a towing machine.
    4x4 Definitely, has pulled us out of a couple of tough camp sites.
    3:55 Rear End, the 6.7 has plenty of power to pull our 310GK camper.
    BLISS: Blind Spot Warning, it is nice to have and the newer systems also protect the trailer.
    Towing package with the "Puck" system, Love the flexibility this gives us.
    Towing Package also gives you the upgraded, extendable towing mirrors, These are the absolute best towing mirrors made! I love the large convex mirrors on both sides.
    Camera system with the Cab Mounted Camera, I use this camera more than any others.
    Factory installed truck bed liner, I wouldn't have a truck without a bed liner.
    With the Lariat package you get Adaptive Cruise Control, now that I have it, I wouldn't tow without this feature.
    We opted for the dual Alternator because if one goes out you aren't completely stranded.
    We also chose the Engine Block Heater because sometimes we are in cold weather.
    We also chose the Ford Bug Guard for the hood, it really helps keep the bugs off the windshield.
    I would also recommend adding the Mud Flaps and the all weather floor mats.
    I also chose the Two Tone paint, once I saw the truck with Two Tone paint I couldn't not buy it, it just looks so good !!!

Can you tell we love our truck !!!

PS: my wife has no problems driving it.

Edit: Based on comments made below, I forgot to mention a couple of items...

Up-fitter switches, definitely worthwhile.
    Wheel liners, keeps the truck cleaner by keeping mud out of engine compartment (I can't believe these are not standard equipment).
    I also got the Limited Slip Differential, A "No Brainer" in my opinion.
    I also added the "Skid Plate" option to protect the Xfer case and fuel tank. I think it also protects the Oil pan.

PPS: as noted below, the All Weather Mats are similar to the WeatherTech mats and not the "Carpet Delete" option. Additionally the Bed Liner is a Spray In Bed liner.
    Last edited by SolarPoweredRV; 05-07-2021 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Forgetfulness late at night
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't get me wrong on the 4x4. As you can see in my sig below I got the 4x4 for all the reasons noted above. It's like an old tool in the corner of your workshop - you rarely used it, but when you need it, you're really glad to have it! Really depends on how and where you plan to use your truck.

I got the upfitter switches but have yet to use any. Does make for a conversation piece when new people are inside. It's a pretty inexpensive add-on.

Same w/ the block heater - inexpensive add-on yet I haven't used it after almost 2 years.

I don't have the sunroof and still glad to not have it (heard some stories of leakage, etc.)

I would take the Ford credit to NOT get the factory floor mats (I think it's the "carpet delete" option). Aftermarket (weathertech or equivalent) are much better.

Same w/ mudflaps - My weathertech flaps are good for me.

I had a bed liner in an older truck and it messed up the paint on the factory bed from continuous rubbing. If you keep the bed liner on, you'll never see it so maybe no big deal. I have a rubber bed mat that works great to keep things from sliding around.

Good luck!
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcolour View Post
    6.7L diesel Dually. 8' bed. 3.55 axle. Camera system. Puck system hitch. Tow package. Seriously look at a F450 for turning radius if you can find one to drive versus the F350.
    I totally agree with the above response. In answering the OP's question, what is, "the best tow set up", i think the above is not subjective. For pure towing, this is the best set up.

Now, do you need the best towing set up, that is dependent on the rig you choose. Is it the best daily driver, nope. Will it fit it your garage, not sure; not sure that matters to you.

The other great advice, test drive both the F350 and theF450. The turn radius difference really needs to be experienced to be appreciated. As a 350 owner with 450 envy, trust me on that.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    I totally agree with the above response. In answering the OP's question, what is, "the best tow set up", i think the above is not subjective. For pure towing, this is the best set up.

The other great advice, test drive both the F350 and theF450.
    This, from a pure capability standpoint, is true. Especially if ordering, look at the 450 if considering drw. Long bed, diesel is the most capable, nothing against the other setups or power trains.

More specific Ford options:
    -Get the limited slip rear end in whatever ratio you choose. 10spd made the ratio less critical
    -I tried, have, and don’t use pro trailer backup assist. So if you don’t need the 360 cameras, skip
    -Factory bedliner. Personal vote is spray in but which one is your preference
    -Factory hitch prep package minimum
    -Wheel well liners
    -Extended running boards. I’m still young and capable, and running boards still help. Extended (much less common) give access to the bed too.
    -Consider the tailgate step. I thought it was silly, but now wouldn’t mind having one
    -I would also skip the Ford mats. Ended up keeping the rear one, replacing the fronts (150 is the same cab)
    -We never touch the power adjustable pedals. Depends on your individual drivers

Good luck!
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast