User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    16 mpg! Wow. My 2017 F350 diesel dually 3.55 gears does around 9 towing the Solitude 380FL. 2017 only has the 6 speed transmission. Wonder how much mpg I would gain with the 10 speed in a dually?

Pilot/Flying J truck stops take credit cards in the truck lanes. If you are a Good Sam member, you save $0.08/gal at Pilot/Flying J.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daltontrio View Post
    Fuel economy with trailer hooked up was 16mpg from Atlanta to Nashville and back this past week.
    Holy cow! That's amazing. I've averaged about 11.5mpg with all three of my Grand Design 5th wheels and three different HD trucks towing at 60mph over thousands of miles. My 2019 F-350 DRW barely got 16mpg on the freeway empty.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcolour View Post

Pilot/Flying J truck stops take credit cards in the truck lanes. If you are a Good Sam member, you save $0.08/gal at Pilot/Flying J.
    Are you sure you arent confusing this with the RV lanes? I have yet to see a Pilot or Flying J take a non-fleet type credit card in a truck lane (unless of course you go inside and prepay). I agree, they take the RV Pilot card which is a charge card and then you get the Good Sam discount.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Are you sure you arent confusing this with the RV lanes? I have yet to see a Pilot or Flying J take a non-fleet type credit card in a truck lane (unless of course you go inside and prepay). I agree, they take the RV Pilot card which is a charge card and then you get the Good Sam discount.

Absolutely they take credit cards in the truck lanes. You can't use a bank debit card (same card you use at an ATM), but they take real credit cards like a Chase Visa. I do this all the time and haven't found one Pilot/Flying J that doesn't. I suppose there might be some that don't, but haven't found them yet! Loves and others do not as mentioned. You swipe the Good Sam card when the pump asks for a loyalty card to get the discount.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcolour View Post
    Absolutely they take credit cards in the truck lanes. You can't use a bank debit card (same card you use at an ATM), but they take real credit cards like a Chase Visa. I do this all the time and haven't found one Pilot/Flying J that doesn't. I suppose there might be some that don't, but haven't found them yet! Loves and others do not as mentioned. You swipe the Good Sam card when the pump asks for a loyalty card to get the discount.
    Interesting, I wonder if this is new. I've been to plenty of them along the East coast when I lived out that way and they didnt take CCs. Now im just accustomed to using the RV Pilot card or the TSD fuel card, but I'm gonna keep an eye out now next time I'm at a Pilot or Flying J....good to know.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    Holy cow! That's amazing. I've averaged about 11.5mpg with all three of my Grand Design 5th wheels and three different HD trucks towing at 60mph over thousands of miles. My 2019 F-350 DRW barely got 16mpg on the freeway empty.
    What I found really interesting was I could cruise in 10th at 70mph, but at 60mph the truck seemed to want to be in either 8th or 9th and the fuel economy would drop a little, (as in 15mpg). And I too used my credit card and Good Sam discount at two different Pilot/Flying J locations.
    2021 F350 CCSB 4x4 SRW with Air Lift springs
    B&W Companion Slider
    2021 Solitude 375RES-R w/ disc brakes
    Formerly REI 6 man tent

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Interesting, I wonder if this is new. I've been to plenty of them along the East coast when I lived out that way and they didnt take CCs. Now im just accustomed to using the RV Pilot card or the TSD fuel card, but I'm gonna keep an eye out now next time I'm at a Pilot or Flying J....good to know.

I think COVID-19 pushed Pilot/FJ to do this at more locations, but I can tell you for a fact not all locations do (still) in the truck lanes. If you're a "civilian" with just the Good Sam and no TSD card, you're heading in to prepay at the Pilot in Drums, PA, and off I78 in Jersey... I had left my TSD card behind for two trips - while Pilot/FJ dropped TSD it still let's you use the pumps which is the only benefit in PA and NJ because diesel is cheaper outside all truck stops.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK - good idea in my opinion going for the F 350. I have been very happy with the diesel, Lariet w/leather, 4.10 rear, all the camera options (makes hooking up much easier). Get a dually with the 8 foot bed and you won't ever be constrained again in a tow vehicle. JMO mark

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678