User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best New F350 Towing Configuration?

Hello,

I am going to bite the bullet and order a brand new F350 to tow our 320MKS. What towing configuration should I get with the new truck? I am going to order the Lariat 4x4. I'm not sure if I should go with the Diesel or the 7.3 gasser. What other options should I get for the best towing setup? What rear would be best, bed length, etc? Any help from the community would be great. I don't want to spend this kind of money and miss something that I should have done.

Thanks!
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post
    Hello,

I am going to bite the bullet and order a brand new F350 to tow our 320MKS. What towing configuration should I get with the new truck? I am going to order the Lariat 4x4. I'm not sure if I should go with the Diesel or the 7.3 gasser. What other options should I get for the best towing setup? What rear would be best, bed length, etc? Any help from the community would be great. I don't want to spend this kind of money and miss something that I should have done.

Thanks!
    For ours we have a diesel, 3.55 rear end, Lariat package, plus the 15k payload package. I also recommend getting the full camera system, and the puck tow package.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

Thanks!
    Very subjective. For me, DRW 6.7 diesel with 4.10 or 3.73 and puck package and bed camera. YMMV
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since the diesel comes with the 10speed transmission, get a taller rear end, 3.55 or so

(If you're gonna go diesel)

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk
    2021 Transcend 261bh
    2021 Ford F-150 3.5eb

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In addition to what others said...upfitter switches, never know if you want to add any extra gadgets or lights to the truck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love my new 7.3 gas engine. Tows like a beast and none of the common diesel problems or expenses !!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6.7L diesel Dually. 8' bed. 3.55 axle. Camera system. Puck system hitch. Tow package. Seriously look at a F450 for turning radius if you can find one to drive versus the F350.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 7.3 will get the job done and better then your current 6.2 but a diesel will have more than twice the torque and at lower RPM's. I can't stop smiling everytime I tow with mine. The exhaust brake is a BIG plus especially if you tow in the mountains. Your fuel range is also higher as well as being able to use the truck lanes for fueling.
    2019 303RLS Reflection 5th Wheel
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat 4X4 CC/SB/SRW 6.7L Diesel
    B&W Companion Slider Hitch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It all depends on how much you will be towing. If you take long trips, go with the 6.7. You have a 14,500 lb. unit, and it really is worthy of a diesel weighing so much.

If you are just towing 10 miles or so--camping locally--the 7.3 gas would be sufficient.

Now if you were towing a mid size fifth wheel like a Reflection fifth wheel, I would tell you the 7.3 is perfectly sufficient.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

Thanks!
    If your going to bite the bullet make sure you get a dually, then you can tow anything GD makes. I did not order mine, someone else did, but it is a 350DRW, 6.7L, 3.55 axle, 5th wheel prep, 8 ft bed, and the expensive camera/tow package that lets you backup with a knob on the dash (not yet tried). Trim level is XLT.
    My best advice however, is to order the truck with your NEXT trailer in mind, not this one!
    Last edited by WeirdAl; 05-05-2021 at 10:48 AM.
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2021 F350 DRW 4x4 CC XL 176" WB 6.7L PSD

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast