User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    KSN177

Battery Disconnect

So when we bought our unit I was excited to see that it had a battery disconnect as I had our battery die all the time in our last trailer. I did not realize that it does not disconnect all items so my battery was dead when picked it up for the first outing. Does anyone know if a small solar trickle charger is enough to keep the battery charged I believe it is an 8 watt. Also is it safe to assume that the radio will still draw power if the face is removed. Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Kevin and Kim,

What might be simpler than wiring in a solar charger, would be to install a true "battery disconnect" switch that will completely isolate the battery from everything. A fully charged and completely disconnected battery will stay charged for several months.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

KSN177
    Yay I was thinking of that option also. I already had a portable solar panel so I thought I would try it out.

bcook17
    I have been trying a portable solar panel plugged in the 12V plug in the entertainment area of my 385TH and I haven't been able to tell if it helps much my battery was dead after a month in storage.

KSN177
    Well I went to the trailer after about a month of sitting and I was pretty happy that with the battery disconnect out and my portable solar panel hooked up the battery showed 2/3s on the panel inside. We will see in the long run how this works out.