User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I do like your setup. What adapter did you use?
    I bought a 2-1/2 foot hose from Amazon (Giraffe Leader Hose Hybrid 5/8 in.x 2.5FT Extension Garden Hose, Water Hose, SwivelGrip/Heavy Duty/Lightweight/Flexible Lead-Hose) and a quick connect piece (Valterra LLC PF247007 Quick Connect Hose Adapt) and it works fine.
    Jerry Crosby
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2006 Silverado 1500HD

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcrowe View Post
    This is what I do as well. I set it for 3 minutes. I sometimes worry if water pressure is high whether I'm going to overflow... one of these days I will test with high pressure how long it takes to fill a 5 gallon bucket.... For those that do this with the gate closed, how long do you usually fill for ?
    I set my timer for 5 minutes and check the level. You really want to just light up the full sensor. Depending on water pressure I might give it a couple more minutes.

This is a very subjective question. Black tank size and water pressure effects the timing.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought two water hose gallon meters and plan on using one for my black tank. I sanitized my system the other day and used one for filling the fresh water tank and was able to stop it right before it ran over.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Orbit-Wa...2212/205489792
    Larry & Deb
    2022 Reflection 337 RLS
    2021 F350 Lariat SRW
    Eastern Ks.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always ask my phone to set an alarm for 3 minutes, always afraid that it could happen. I read about to many stories.
    Just thought I'd share what I do.
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not only do I empty and flush our black tanks every two weeks (we have a big fifth wheel), but I also do the black flush at that time multiple times. Generally at least three.

I am a fairly easily distracted person. What I do, without fail, is set a timer on my phone. Doing a flush with the valve open is somewhat worthless. That's a "we have no liability" sticker! I run my timer, depending on water pressure, about 15 to 18 minutes, once I've emptied it the first time.

I can be inside, talking to the wife, but when she hears that timer go off, I'm out of here. Immediately. I don't listen to the rest of her sentence. I will NOT have my black tank overflow. I would just die!

I have made the mistake (and fortunately, this is the mistake to make, if any) of forgetting to close the tank valve. Meaning, I'm just running water into the tank and right back out, with no water-weight pressure flush. That's happened... three times? in the past year. Again, if you're going to make a mistake in the process, that's the one to make.
    2018 GD Momentum 399TH • 2019 Ford F-350 (DRW)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once I've dumped the black tank, I've always had my wife drop a deodorant/digester down the toilet and run the toilet for a few minutes while I'm dumping the grey tanks and storing the sewer hose. Once she's done, I disconnect the water.

I use the black tank flush as designed and only once in a while - not on a 1 or 2 night stay.
    2020 Ford F150 XLT with HDPP, 3.5L TT V6, 6.5' bed, 3.73 axle, Curt A16 manual slider hitch.
    2021 GD Reflections 150 series 295RL 33' 5th
    Long ago: Carriage Lite 35' 5th, towed by Dodge Ram 2500 V10

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a XLS 22MLE also. I usually dont dump the black tank until after a week or so of use. When i do dump it, I first hook up the hose to the back wash, then i turn the hose on and dump the tank. Then I close the valve and open the grey tank valve and dump it. After quite a bit of time like 5-10 min. I will close the grey valve and open the black valve and check to see if Im still seeing toilet paper coming through the clear elbow attached to the end of hose connected to the dump area. If its clear, i let it drain and call it good. If not, i close the black valve and let it fill again. I wlll keep doing this until i see no toilet paper coming out. Been doing this on my trailers for years with no issues

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a certain amount of back-pressure that comes from the black water tank that may indeed back into the faucet once the faucet is turned off. I'm not sure if its enough to cause issues but it may be. I noticed that on mine when I unscrewed the hose from the black water flush and noticed the water pushing back out...I suppose if its dirty enough it may contaminate the faucet head prior to the gasket location. Hope that helps...

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schindew View Post
    There is a certain amount of back-pressure that comes from the black water tank that may indeed back into the faucet once the faucet is turned off. I'm not sure if its enough to cause issues but it may be. I noticed that on mine when I unscrewed the hose from the black water flush and noticed the water pushing back out...I suppose if its dirty enough it may contaminate the faucet head prior to the gasket location. Hope that helps...
    The water draining out is what is supposed to happen. When you disconnect the hose the vacuum breaker opens and water drains both ways to prevent contamination, that is why you should never leave a hose connected to the flusher.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I dump the black tank I flush the black tank. Every time, enough said!!
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast