User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Yes, that's exactly what the warning is for.

You hook it up and start putting the water in, then your neighbor comes over and starts chatting, you have a good talk and next thing you know, the black tank water is coming out of the vent on the roof.

Hasn't happened to me, but I have seen it happen....
    Our friends at our park in Florida admitted to once showering the park with sewage from his roof vent when he got side-tracked while flushing....
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not read every page of this thread, sorry if I'm repeating what's been said already.

I think there could be a better name than "black tank flush". My experience with my Reflection and past trailers is that it certainly doesn't "flush" anything. That little whirlybird gizmo probably sprays water around the inside of the tank, but flush... I think not likely.

Having said that I do find it to be very useful for introducing water into the tank. I find the best "flush" is to close the gate and let the tank fill to somewhere between 1/2 and 3/4 (by guess, no science) and then open the gate. That sudden swoosh of water when you open the gate with a sufficient amount of water in the tank is the best "flush". Do that 2 or 3 times and it will clean out the tank better than the "tank flush" by itself. That little feature is useful for introducing water into the tank on a controlled basis, but that's about it.

I don't worry about overfilling during my process, because it's kind of dedicated time for me. I don't walk away and let it run. I stand by. If any thing came back up out of the toilet, I'd be divorced.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails keeping_a_toilet_from_overflowing_x4.jpg  
    Mike C.

2023 GD Imagine AIM 15RB - 2022 Toyota Tundra Hybrid Platinum CrewMax 4x4 shortbed twin-turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 24-valve 3.4-liter V-6

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcrowe View Post
    This is what I do as well. I set it for 3 minutes. I sometimes worry if water pressure is high whether I'm going to overflow... one of these days I will test with high pressure how long it takes to fill a 5 gallon bucket.... For those that do this with the gate closed, how long do you usually fill for ?
    2 minutes. I have a 42 gal tank
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Yes, that's exactly what the warning is for.

You hook it up and start putting the water in, then your neighbor comes over and starts chatting, you have a good talk and next thing you know, the black tank water is coming out of the vent on the roof.

Hasn't happened to me, but I have seen it happen....
    Ha. My wife was using the bath sink to rinse out a shirt. I was outside and she came out. Neighbor came over and they got to chatting. In a little while I saw water flowing into the front storage and didn't know what my wife had been doing inside. Luckily was just the sink and not the black tank!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We dump at home immediately after arriving, easy to avoid distractions. I do an initial dump, close the valve & add water thru the cleanout, dump, and repeat until clean.
    Mark and Judy
    2021 F350 Lariat Crew 4x4 SRW 7.3 Godzilla
    2021 Imagine 2500RL w/Hensley Arrow hitch
    Fleet Manager, Cowlitz County WA Search & Rescue

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I don’t use the spray connection only because I’m already hooked up to the black flush so why make an extra step? Upon finishing the flush I close the valve and let the water run to the 5 gallon point then turn it off. I bought a water meter that attaches to the hose at local home store and it tells me exactly how many gallons have passed through. I think it was about 15 bucks. Hope that helps. Travel safely.
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcrowe View Post
    For those that do this with the gate closed, how long do you usually fill for ?
    I have a water flow meter. I'm not sure how accurate it is but I usually add about 10 gallons before dumping it. Surprisingly, it takes quite a while to get 10 gallons at 55psi water pressure with my hose/fittings, etc. Maybe 6-8 minutes? Just guessing. I do this flush 2 or 3 times each time I empty the black tank.

If it didn't take so long to add the water, I'd probably add 20 gallons before dumping it.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123