Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Mounting tag

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mounting tag

Got my tag today for our new Imagine 22 rbe. I was surprised to see the dealer tag mounted to tag bracket with cable ties. I wanted to use bolts with lock washer and nut, but there is not enough room on backside of bracket to do so( back of tag bracket touches trailer wall) so I had to mount the new tag with cable ties.
    Also the tag mount bracket is plastic, kind of cheap design I think. Will have to Remember to replace the
    cable ties, probably at tag time each year. No big deal just expected better from GD.
    Yes license plates
    Last edited by jjradtech; 05-18-2021 at 05:57 PM.
    2021 Imagine xls 22rbe
    2018 Silverado 5.3, auto crew cab

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjradtech View Post
    Got my tag today for our new Imagine 22 rbe. I was surprised to see the dealer tag mounted to tag bracket with cable ties. I wanted to use bolts with lock washer and nut, but there is not enough room on backside of bracket to do so( back of tag bracket touches trailer wall) so I had to mount the new tag with cable ties.
    Also the tag mount bracket is plastic, kind of cheap design I think. Will have to Remember to replace the
    cable ties, probably at tag time each year. No big deal just expected better from GD.
    Are you referring to plates, like license plates?

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dealer mounted oor temp tag with sheet metal screws. Almost out them through the siding.

There may be hardware in your owners manual bag. If not, go to the hardware store and get a couple of T-nuts and the corresponding bolt. I got mine at my local Ace Hardware.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That plastic tag holder has recessed slots on the rear side. The intention is for you to put the properly sized bolts through the holes with threads sticking out, not in. Then when you thread your nut on the bolts won't turn.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, should have used bolts, with the heads towards the trailer.

Not hard to get them in there, just have to do it strategically.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes license plates
    After buying two different sets from Amazon, I found our mounting hardware in the bag from Grand Design. I found the little plastic bag after I took everything out of the bag.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel