Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

beware of hose sizes if your going to effect a repair

Had a leak in my 2850mk inside an inaccessible area. Think it's the feed hose to an outside hose coupler. The hose enters the hot water heater area, so I thought I'd cut the hose, use a nippled shutoff and hose clamp, till I can remove and fix the leaking hose. Guess what? 1/2 inch is too big, and 3/8 is too small. Dang pex hose! Forced the half inch on, temporarily, till I can get a 7/16" nipple. I'm old school, and do not want to invest in all the pex tools, but I may have no choice. I want to redo all my winterization area hosing to make it more accessable. Just a heads up.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a known issue. If you cut that flexible hose, it isnt pex. The fittings are pex, but the ID of the flexible stuff is slightly larger than the pex equivalent which is a reason leaks will occur, also a reason a lot of people rip out that flexible crap and replace with real pex. 1/2" is the correct size assuming everything is actually pex. Some people have had success with hose barb fittings working with the flexible stuff.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you may be using a barbed fitting for rubber / flex hose on a Pex pipe. Pex is slightly smaller ID. If you don’t want to get Pex clamps and tools , Shark Bite makes push on fittings and valves that will work with Pex. I personally prefer the crimp connections.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the input. I guess I'll join the pex family. Old dog, new trick.