User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Yeah, i am a bit paranoid when it comes to the water connections and leaks. The plexi helps a bit in that department.
    2020 GD Reflection 303RLS
    2016 Ford F250 FX4 6.7 PSD 3.55 / OEM E-Locker
    BDS 2.5" Radius Arm Leveling Kit
    B&W Turnover Ball/Gooseneck w/Andersen UH
    Titan 50 Gallon Replacement Tank
    Air Lift LoadLifter 5K Ultimate w/ Gen2 Wireless Air

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made a stand out of PVC and it sits on the ground underneath the trailer. Don't want a leak in the trailer. Simple and works great.
    2020 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 Powerstroke SB
    2021 GD Solitude S 2930RL-R (trailer#5)
    Married father of 4 (3 sons 1 daughter) Two Eagle Scouts
    Navy Veteran - InfoSec Examiner/Auditor in the financial industry

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ended up mounting two bolts in the skirting so I can hang the filters from them. I put quick connect fitting on each end and a 4 ft. piece of hose attached to the water fill port. Tried it out this past weekend. Worked great!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Careful with that skirting attachment. Pretty flimsy from what I have seen.....
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Careful with that skirting attachment. Pretty flimsy from what I have seen.....
    I was worried about that too but it's pretty solid just below the water heater and I won't be traveling with it in place.
    Here's where I mounted the bolts with nuts in the front and back so they are real tight.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bolts.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	34185

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good deal. Glad it works for you
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We Hung Our Filters in the Wet Bay

Quote Originally Posted by RobWNY View Post
    I just purchased a new Beech Lane External RV Dual Water Filter System from Amazon and I added quick connects to both ends. I'm not sure where to mount it. I thought about mounting it inside the pass through on the side next to the nautilus P1 but then thought if it develops a leak, then I have a mess and what if I don't notice it for a while. Then I thought about putting two screws on the outside skirting and just hang it there so if a leak develops, it's not going to be a problem but It won't look as nice being exposed and hanging from the camper. If you were installing a water filter system, where would you mount yours?

Attachment 33958
    We mounted a board between the 2 aluminum studs above the wet bay and installed 2 hooks to mount the filter system(we have the same system)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	34211. It works well and allows me to move it out of the way to access other things.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	34212

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 3 filter Clearsource, I leave it on the ground but secured with a cable lock.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DIY 3 stage using Clearsource filter pack (5, .5, virus). I took down the metal edging and paneling, cut a piece of 3/4" plywood to size, used pocket screws to mount it to the existing "framing," and the put back the paneling and edging. The plywood created a nice sturdy mount for the filter housings. I used 1/2" plex to create a hose connection and for the filter->inlet connection. I did have one small leak between the housings when I first pressure tested. It's amazing how tight I had to make those connections. The plastic is a lot tougher than I thought it'd be. I did use both Teflon tape and pipe dope on the advice of a plumber friend. No more leaks so far (knock on wood).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210520_002837588.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	34219
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by galowe01 View Post
    I have the 3 filter Clearsource, I leave it on the ground but secured with a cable lock.
    I thought that I was the only one doing that. After using, I drain and cap the system (brass caps and plugs from Amazon) and lay it in the bay. I run the hose from the pedestal to the Clearsource, then a 4’ water hose to the Nautilus input. Super easy.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast