Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's cold in here!

We have a 2017 Reflection 26RL. Whenever it's cold outside we can't seem to get our trailer very warm because cold air seems to enter at very odd places. One is through a kitchen drawer that is above the fuse box. It's not just cold air, it's coming in like a breeze! Another is through the electrical outlet (or thereabouts) on the left side of the head of the bed. Another place is through the floor vent in the bathroom. I assume in all these places the air is coming from the basement storage areas. Does anyone else have this issue? How can we address it?

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you leaving any basement doors open? The place under the kitchen drawer near the electrical panel is likely a cold air return for the furnace and communicates directly with the basement. If an outside basement door is left open, arctic cold fronts will come in that way.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivipic View Post
    We have a 2017 Reflection 26RL. Whenever it's cold outside we can't seem to get our trailer very warm because cold air seems to enter at very odd places. One is through a kitchen drawer that is above the fuse box. It's not just cold air, it's coming in like a breeze! Another is through the electrical outlet (or thereabouts) on the left side of the head of the bed. Another place is through the floor vent in the bathroom. I assume in all these places the air is coming from the basement storage areas. Does anyone else have this issue? How can we address it?
    We have a 26RL, also. The "wind" coming in through the drawer is related to the cold air return (under the hutch). We also had a draft on the left side of the bed (as you lay in the bed). My husband sealed the seams on the interior of the headboard area and it stopped. It now comes in through the outlet. But not as badly. The floor vent in the bathroom is the cold air return for the furnace.

It sounds like your basement isn't sealing well when storage doors are closed and the wind is coming through.

There is a hole under the circuit breaker panel in the hutch for wiring to go below the storage areas. Sealing that isn't a good idea, as that's how the warm air gets into the tank areas to slow down freezing there. You could check to confirm how well the coroplast is sealed around the bottom of the coach.
    Last edited by livinthelife; 05-06-2021 at 06:48 PM.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Are you leaving any basement doors open? The place under the kitchen drawer near the electrical panel is likely a cold air return for the furnace and communicates directly with the basement. If an outside basement door is left open, arctic cold fronts will come in that way.

Rob
    I understand what you mean but, no, we don't leave them open.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad to know you've had the same issues. I'll try some of your ideas. How would you know if the coroplast isn't sealing around the bottom? Where is it? The circuit breaker panel is of the least concern to me because the drawer seals it well when it's closed.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivipic View Post
    I'm glad to know you've had the same issues. I'll try some of your ideas. How would you know if the coroplast isn't sealing around the bottom? Where is it? The circuit breaker panel is of the least concern to me because the drawer seals it well when it's closed.
    The coroplast is the solid, plastic bottom you see on the bottom of your rig. It should be attached all the way around the edge.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)