User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picking up our 31mb soon.

I am currently scheduled to take possession of our 2021 31mb this month. This will be my first 5th wheel so getting ready to setup my 5th wheel hitch in my truck. Trying to see if anyone knows what the hitch height is so I can adjust the 5th wheel hitch prior to showing up at the dealership. Have done bumper pulls for years, so switching to a 5th wheel should be a smoother or more enjoyable tow. currently will be towing with a Ram 3500 with puck system. 5th wheel hitch is a Curt A25, overkill for this trailer but it was the one that would arrive before taking delivery. So if anyone knows their pin box height so that I can get this hitch close it would be greatly appreciated.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to do a test hook up and adjust if needed once the trailer is hooked up. Your truck height and bed rail height will dictate whether you need adjustments. Mine is set up with about 8" to 10" of clearance from the bottom of the trailer over hang to the tops of the bed rails on the truck. I didn't have to adjust my hitch height at all. I have air bags on the truck and it was easy to level out once I hooked up. Be sure to check cab clearance to prevent contact (big time damage) on tight turns. This shouldn't be an issue unless you have a short bed truck. When you take delivery, your dealer will help you set up for proper clearances. I hope your rig pulls as good as mine. I also have a 2021 31MB and it tows 10 times better than my last FW. Hardly any chucking or jerking, very smooth by comparison.
    I hope you enjoy your 31MB as much as we do. It's the perfect lay out for us and other than a few minor issues and a few mods that we've made, it's been great.
    Last edited by 1carguy; 05-06-2021 at 08:37 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. We are definitely looking forward to the new FW. I guess I was more or less trying to figure out the height of the pin box would be @ level, so I could do the measurements on my truck to setup the hitch so I have the proper clearance. The Curt A25 has 4 bolt holes up and down to raise and lower the hitch head. Dealer basically said since I was not buying the hitch from them directly they would not help in adjusting it. So if I know the pin height I can figure out where the hitch head height needs to be, saving me time at the dealership.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might go to my storage lot this weekend and if I do, I'll take a measurement from the pin to the ground when level. I think it was about 55" from the ground.