User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone swap a Winegard 360 with a 360 plus?

Disappointed my new RV has the 360 when the owners manual clearly states the 360 plus. Wife has a need to work remote sometimes and the 360 plus with the GW router would have been perfect.

Has anyone replaced a 360 with the 360 plus? I would think it would be relatively simple. However, the devil is in the details.

Cheers!

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There have been several threads on this topic on this and other forums. Have you searched?

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlovett View Post
    Disappointed my new RV has the 360 when the owners manual clearly states the 360 plus.

Same here. And I didn't remember anyone upgrading. I did remember fresh installs or replacing a different older antenna.

You are removing a factory seal, but doesn't seem super risky. You'll have to add an access panel inside underneath, so scope that out. In our 2600RB, there is something on the ceiling nearby, so it wasn't clear it would work well. I'm not sure if there is power to tap into or if you'll have to route a wire.

I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe it's the best solution on the market, so I'm working around it for now. I got a Netgear MR1100 (M1) with the Netgear MIMO window mount antenna and get 25-30Mbps in the trailer, when I get like 5-10 in the house, so feel pretty good about that for now, since wife was able to work successfully in a test. Now I'm on to finding a similar antenna for WiFi. I prefer directional over omni. We have windows on all four sides, so should be able to get more throughput for the money, with just the minor inconvenience of choosing the right window for the antennas at each stop.

Once 5g settles out, and the next generation arrives, I'll consider an upgrade.
    Last edited by dbphillips; 05-06-2021 at 02:56 PM.
    2021 Imagine 2600RB + 2022 Duramax Tahoe RST (previous 2017 MBZ GLS450 burnt to the ground, resulting in destroyed garage and house contents a total loss due to smoke damage)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disappointed my new RV has the 360 when the owners manual clearly states the 360 plus. Wife has a need to work remote sometimes and the 360 plus with the GW router would have been perfect.

Has anyone replaced a 360 with the 360 plus? I would think it would be relatively simple. However, the devil is in the details.

Cheers!
    This is the response I got from Winegard last week.

Thank you for reaching out, unfortunately there is not an option on upgrading the Air 360 to the Air 360+. You would need to uninstall the Air 360 and install the Air 360+.
    The Air 360+ does have a bigger footprint compared to the Air 360.
    Thank you,

Winegard Customer Support

1-800-288-8094
    Tim
    2020 Reflection 320MKS, Sidewinder Hitch
    2003 2500HD Silverado Duramax, Sumo springs, Hawk Brake Pads

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    There have been several threads on this topic on this and other forums. Have you searched?

Rob
    Yes I did thank you. Haven’t found one specific to my question. Given your reply I am assuming you did? If so I’d appreciate any help. Otherwise I’m not sure why you replied.
    Last edited by Dlovett; 05-06-2021 at 06:29 PM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbphillips View Post

Same here. And I didn't remember anyone upgrading. I did remember fresh installs or replacing a different older antenna.

You are removing a factory seal, but doesn't seem super risky. You'll have to add an access panel inside underneath, so scope that out. In our 2600RB, there is something on the ceiling nearby, so it wasn't clear it would work well. I'm not sure if there is power to tap into or if you'll have to route a wire.

I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe it's the best solution on the market, so I'm working around it for now. I got a Netgear MR1100 (M1) with the Netgear MIMO window mount antenna and get 25-30Mbps in the trailer, when I get like 5-10 in the house, so feel pretty good about that for now, since wife was able to work successfully in a test. Now I'm on to finding a similar antenna for WiFi. I prefer directional over omni. We have windows on all four sides, so should be able to get more throughput for the money, with just the minor inconvenience of choosing the right window for the antennas at each stop.

Once 5g settles out, and the next generation arrives, I'll consider an upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Tim View Post
    This is the response I got from Winegard last week.

Thank you for reaching out, unfortunately there is not an option on upgrading the Air 360 to the Air 360+. You would need to uninstall the Air 360 and install the Air 360+.
    The Air 360+ does have a bigger footprint compared to the Air 360.
    Thank you,

Winegard Customer Support

1-800-288-8094
    Thank you! This was very helpful. Excellent points on factory seal (still under warranty) and 5G. I’m now thinking it’s better to just wait. I’ll look into the Netgear solution.

Appreciate the reply!

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I did thank you. Haven’t found one specific to my question. Given your reply I am assuming you did? If so I’d appreciate any help. Otherwise I’m not sure why you replied.
    Sent you a PM.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! This was very helpful. Excellent points on factory seal (still under warranty) and 5G. I’m now thinking it’s better to just wait. I’ll look into the Netgear solution.

Appreciate the reply!
    It won’t help you at the moment, but Starlink is supposed to be available by the end of the year for mobile (RV) use. I think many are hoping this will be the answer to their mobile Internet woes. Check out this video for more info.

https://youtu.be/SgAsvdpbSZo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bdelcurto View Post
    It won’t help you at the moment, but Starlink is supposed to be available by the end of the year for mobile (RV) use. I think many are hoping this will be the answer to their mobile Internet woes. Check out this video for more info.

https://youtu.be/SgAsvdpbSZo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    VPN users keep in mind, satellite means you have no anonymity.
    2021 Imagine 2600RB + 2022 Duramax Tahoe RST (previous 2017 MBZ GLS450 burnt to the ground, resulting in destroyed garage and house contents a total loss due to smoke damage)