User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lippert through the frame slide inop

On my Reflection 29RS the Lippert through the frame (not schwintec) doesn’t work. The in and out switch only makes a whirling noise but no movement. I can move the slide manually. I strongly suspect the actuator, motor, or both. Has anybody had this problem? Did you remove the coroplast to get at the motor, or just cut a hole in it? Does any body have a part number for the actuator and motor? Is it a do it yourself job or get a pro?
    Thanks in advance.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like the shear pin has broken that connects the motor to the screw shaft. If you can determine approximately where the motor is, I would cut a 3 sided flap in the coroplast and stick a light up there and try to see the connection. Driving the broken pin out might be challenging because you would have to have both ends of the broken pin lined up to drive it out. Guess it depends on how handy you are. I would have a look at least before calling in a pro.
    John and Karyn
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    2020 Reflection 150 Series 295RL

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyvv View Post
    On my Reflection 29RS the Lippert through the frame (not schwintec) doesn’t work. The in and out switch only makes a whirling noise but no movement. I can move the slide manually. I strongly suspect the actuator, motor, or both. Has anybody had this problem? Did you remove the coroplast to get at the motor, or just cut a hole in it? Does any body have a part number for the actuator and motor? Is it a do it yourself job or get a pro?
    Thanks in advance.
    Might be stripped plastic gear in the gearbox.

Right Side Slide Problem - https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post179585
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    Might be stripped plastic gear in the gearbox.

Right Side Slide Problem - https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post179585
    That was a great link that led to other links, thanks. One of the links referenced cutting the coraplast where you think the motor is and trouble shoot from there. I think that’s what I’ll do.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A update on my through the frame slide out problem. After doing the L shaped slit in the coroplast I found that the three tack welds attaching the motor and actuator to the frame were broken. My local shop was able to weld the angle back on and I was able to use my motor and actuator. A new actuator and motor was going to be about $600. It took me all day to get it off, get it welded, and back on again but retirement time is free.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see you got it fixed, sad to see that this is the second post today about shoddy welds, or it seems more likely forgetting to finish the welds. Welding is not that complicated, and you should finish the weld once you get the item tacked.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser