User Tag List

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heater makes clicking noise while running...

New to the forums, but have already picked up some very valuable information just browsing, I'm excited to learn more.

We just purchased our 2400BH in Florida about three weeks ago and have had it parked at our home (we just sold it) until our move out date.

I saw a lot of forms about clicking noises and heating issues, but in each case the heater never worked, or worked sporadically. This is not my issue.

I have heat (a lot of heat actually... the ducks are hot to the touch-not warm, maybe that's an issue too?). My issue is that there is a clicking sound while the heat is on. It is coming from the unit itself (I pulled out all the drawers to verify).

I have attached a video link (one by the unit itself and the other outside the air intake from the master bedroom). You can make out the clicking noise on the later easier, but it is still there on the former.

Having purchased it in Florida and being in Tennessee (plus it being parked) we had no need to use the heat, but we moved out of the house and its 45 tonight.

Any ideas would be grateful.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are talking about the very fast "clicking" it sounds to me like something either vibrating in the air flow or slightly touching the fan. Maybe some of the ducting/insulation tape somewhere.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    If you are talking about the very fast "clicking" it sounds to me like something either vibrating in the air flow or slightly touching the fan. Maybe some of the ducting/insulation tape somewhere.
    I heard it grinding down this morning when I turned off the heat. I think the intake fan is rubbing against the wall of the furnace. I was just afraid that it was the igniter clicking on over and over again...