User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transcend Xplor 200MK Pricing?

After a ton of research I finally decided on a floorplan and went in to buy my trailer. MSRP on the website was about $25.5k, expected to pay less than that. They didn't have one in stock, so they gave me a quote on a 2022 set to come off the line next week. MSRP is up to $32,001 and they claim $4,200 freight fee to Washington state. Their final offer is $32.7k out the door. $29.2k for the trailer, $650 for a hitch, rest is tax and title, agreed to waive the freight fee. I balked because this is way higher than I was expected, told them I'd think about it. This is still well within my means but I'm wondering what y'all think. I understand prices have gone up but is this even in the right ballpark?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	quote.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	33982

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavian View Post
    After a ton of research I finally decided on a floorplan and went in to buy my trailer. MSRP on the website was about $25.5k, expected to pay less than that. They didn't have one in stock, so they gave me a quote on a 2022 set to come off the line next week. MSRP is up to $32,001 and they claim $4,200 freight fee to Washington state. Their final offer is $32.7k out the door. $29.2k for the trailer, $650 for a hitch, rest is tax and title, agreed to waive the freight fee. I balked because this is way higher than I was expected, told them I'd think about it. This is still well within my means but I'm wondering what y'all think. I understand prices have gone up but is this even in the right ballpark?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	quote.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	33982
    Not any kind of expert on this, but that price is a bit more than we are paying for an Imagine XLS 22RBE in Utah. This is assuming we are happy with it when it arrives in a month or so. Good luck with your decision.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, keep in mind that Grand Design just instituted a 7% price increase across all lines as of May 1st.....

2022 models will have that increase shown.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As mentioned, there's the new 7% increase from GD and then there's the crazy hot RV market going on due to Covid for the most part. And then there's the limited inventory. Some dealers aren't ready to budge as much as they used to. Pre Covid you could get close to 30% off MSRP. You probably still can but you'll need to shop around and maybe drive a fair distance to get it. We were willing to buy 6hrs away but our local dealer ended up coming close enough to buy there. Some on here drove over 14hrs 1 way and some even further. You can turn that distance in a trip.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the PNW premium. Plenty of threads on it. I picked up from General RV in SLC for $10k less than RV Country and drove it back to Bellevue. I think Clear Creek would have done a little better, but no dealing with the crap with General.
    2021 Imagine 2600RB + 2022 Duramax Tahoe RST (previous 2017 MBZ GLS450 burnt to the ground, resulting in destroyed garage and house contents a total loss due to smoke damage)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbphillips View Post
    It's the PNW premium. Plenty of threads on it. I picked up from General RV in SLC for $10k less than RV Country and drove it back to Bellevue. I think Clear Creek would have done a little better, but no dealing with the crap with General.
    Thanks for the info, I'll check them out. I was planning a trip down there with the new rig anyway, might as well buy there. How do sales taxes work if I buy in Utah though? Do I pay Utah sales tax, Washington tax, or both?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavian View Post
    Thanks for the info, I'll check them out. I was planning a trip down there with the new rig anyway, might as well buy there. How do sales taxes work if I buy in Utah though? Do I pay Utah sales tax, Washington tax, or both?
    Go here and make an offer. Mention you are thinking about coming down from Washington. They know it's a mess up here. https://www.generalrv.com/product/ne...0mk-1469779-29

You show them ID and they don't collect sales tax and they give you I think a 45 day temporary tag. Then when you get back, take the paperwork in to a DOL office and pay your sales tax and registration. Takes 5 minutes if the place is empty like when I went. They said mid month, late morning is best.

Don't forget to call your insurance company, too. I think my insurance on the trailer was like $15/month.