User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 30G & Goldwing Trike in Dallas TX

We are picking up our new 2021 Momentum 30G tomorrow. We are moving from a 45’ Class A DP Travel Supreme. We are making this move because I sold my 2 wheeled Harley and purchased a Honda Goldwing trike so my wife would be more comfortable in riding with me. We wanted a way to be able to have our RV, tow vehicle, and the new trike when we travel. The 30G looks to be a perfect solution. I already own a 2015 GMC 2500 Denali Diesel, so we have more than enough pulling power and its in excellent shape. Getting the Momentum 30G lets us put the trike inside where we can travel with it and keeps it protected. We also really like the open floor plan feel and the deck off the back of the 30G
    While we’ve owned several different motor homes over the years, they’ve all been class C or A. This is our first toy hauler, There are two areas we are excited to figure out with the new 30G. Any advice would be welcomed.
    1.) How will the driving / towing experience be? I do plan to put on a new ProPride hitch (I have one on a 25’ utility trailer I use at work and it is great!). I need to figure out if I will need to do anything to upgrade my current suspension - airbags? Shocks? Additional leaf springs? Other?
    2.) How will we get all of our current stuff from the old Motorhome storage in the new toy hauler? Certainly we will use this transition to get ride of those things we don’t really use. We’ll evaluate what can be easily loaded in the bed of the truck when we get ready to travel and stored in the home garage in between trips. But that big Class A has tons of storage both in the interior cabins and the under coach slide out storage.

Would love to hear from other Grand Design owners. Thank You

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum.

Some advice on the moving stuff. If you can, empty the motorhome stuff to your garage or somewhere then pick and choose what you want to put in the Momentum.

When we bought our Momentum, we pulled our old TT across from it and moved EVERYTHING over.

When we bought our Reflection, we unloaded the Momentum stuff to the garage first.

After loading the Reflection with the stuff I needed, i saw a bunch of junk I had, but didnt really need or use in the Momentum.

Good luck with the Goldwing, never drove a trike, but I imagine taking turns is much different, have fun on your travels.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and Welcome! You'll need to be mindful of the weight you are putting in the Momentum. Those big DP's don't really have a weight limit.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually