Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might have different shades, but the Right hand side changes the length of them.

I retracted them and began rolling. Some of them were tougher than others. I believe rolling towards you is shorter and away is longer. It took a few turns before I began to see the length start to change.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Jane View Post
    I might have different shades, but the Right hand side changes the length of them.

I retracted them and began rolling. Some of them were tougher than others. I believe rolling towards you is shorter and away is longer. It took a few turns before I began to see the length start to change.
    Yes, you must have different shades. Mine only have a wheel on the left side and I've turned them on every shade both directions as far as they go and there's no change to the shade length or retraction speed whatsoever.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On mine at first it didn't feel like it would turn. I'm sure you gave it a forceful effort, but as someone who cringes at the idea of breaking something, I thought I might mention it again.
    Or the ends of your blinds might be visible and you just know there isn't a wheel to turn, mine are hidden by a valance thing.
    In any case, I hope you get it sorted!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Jane View Post
    On mine at first it didn't feel like it would turn. I'm sure you gave it a forceful effort, but as someone who cringes at the idea of breaking something, I thought I might mention it again.
    Or the ends of your blinds might be visible and you just know there isn't a wheel to turn, mine are hidden by a valance thing.
    In any case, I hope you get it sorted!
    Thanks Jane. I do have a view of the ends. Actually I took one of the valances off the wall and was surprised to see the shade was actually attached to the valance. I'll either get them figured out or buy something different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is some documentation I found about adjusting the blackout shades or recovering from a cam lock.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shadepage1.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	34085

Name:	shadepage2.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	34086

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlejc View Post
    Here is some documentation I found about adjusting the blackout shades or recovering from a cam lock.
    Thanks for this.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    There should be a roller wheel on each side of the shade. One is for speed, one is for how far it retracts. Its trial and error for figuring out the right settings.

That's how my 399 shades were anyway, I havent really checked out my 311 shades.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    This was helpful as was the diagram. I had one the dealer had tried unsuccessfully to get reconnected to that spring retainer clip. That and the valance fell down later on. The other window shade needed some adjustment so it would retract fully.

I used the longer loose one as an experiment to figure out those clips, the adjustment and mounting. Ended up that I wound the spring using a vise grips on the flat tang as one would do on the home shades. I used screws to mount that valance to the rig instead of nails. Once I figured things out I removed the other shade bracket using the spring clips. Adjustment was easy. Getting the bracket to snap back in took several tries before success. There’s no clearance plus required some contortions to reach up behind the valance behind the roller to find the spring tang.
    Last edited by Neal Westendorf; 10-05-2021 at 11:34 AM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlejc View Post

Name:	shadepage1.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	34085

Name:	shadepage2.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	34086
    Hey, thanks for sharing - very helpful!
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12