User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    If you use the search function, there are many threads on this topic. The "official" answer is that propane should be off while traveling. In practicality, most of us leave the propane on and the fridge running while underway.

Rob
    It depends on how far I am traveling for the day. If for several hours or less, than no. If I am on the road for the day, yes I will run on propane.
    2023 Rockwood Signature 2442 BS
    2022 Ram 3500 Longhorn Limited , 6.7 CTD, 4x4

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryMac View Post
    We always travel with the propane on to keep the fridge running. We have never had a problem!
    You usually don’t have a problem until it occurs. Then...

I, just today, heard a report of a person driving a travel trailer for several hundred miles and, when they arrived at their destination, they found that the stove unit had come loose from it’s mounts and was on the floor in the center of the trailer. My guess is that the propane line was torn loose when it came out and landed on the floor. There was some speculation as to what might have happened if the propane line had been charged, in order to operate the fridge. Could have been the kind of show that you don’t want to be anywhere near to when it happens.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully more and more units will be made with option of the residental fridge as our 377 was. We've traveled all day unpowered with no noticeable drop in frozen section and little in the refer portion.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ..or run off a maintenance 12V like the old pickup campers.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard something today when talking to Grand Design customer support that I never heard before - My propane fridge stops working when the kitchen slide is closed. I thought I was getting a kink in the propane line and needed to learn how to troubleshoot or submit a warranty claim.

The person helping me said that this is designed to stop propane flow when slide is closed, since it is unsafe to travel with propane flowing.

I have run for years with the propane fridge on like many of you, but it dawned on me that my previous TT had the kitchen on the non-slide side.

Has anyone ever heard that Grand Design trailers have a propane shutoff mechanism for traveling ? I asked multiple times to make sure what I was hearing.
    2021 Solitude 3540 GK, Reese Goosebox 20K, TST 507 TPMS, RV Airflow
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/10 speed Allison, LB DRW 4WD
    previous: First "rig" was a '68 VW Bug and 2 backpacks
    1972 Starcraft 8 tent trailer, '73 Chevy Blazer
    2006 Fleetwood Williamsburg tent trailer, '07 Toyota 4Runner
    2015 Jayco Jay Flight 29QBS, 2012 Ford F-150 EcoBoost 4WD, Equal-i-zer hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2020 Reflection 287RLTS runs on propane with the slide closed.
    2023 Rockwood Signature 2442 BS
    2022 Ram 3500 Longhorn Limited , 6.7 CTD, 4x4

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady and the Fishfinder View Post
    I heard something today when talking to Grand Design customer support that I never heard before - My propane fridge stops working when the kitchen slide is closed. I thought I was getting a kink in the propane line and needed to learn how to troubleshoot or submit a warranty claim.

The person helping me said that this is designed to stop propane flow when slide is closed, since it is unsafe to travel with propane flowing.

I have run for years with the propane fridge on like many of you, but it dawned on me that my previous TT had the kitchen on the non-slide side.

Has anyone ever heard that Grand Design trailers have a propane shutoff mechanism for traveling ? I asked multiple times to make sure what I was hearing.
    She may be correct on the preferred being propane off when traveling. However I know of no propane shut off if the slide is closed. Mine runs fine when closed - I did need to adjust the line in the closed position. My guess is you have a kink. It should be visible under the slide when closed. It probably wrapped up with the electric cable. There is also a valve at the connection point on the frame. Check to see it is open too. I also run with propane on to keep fridge working.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    She may be correct on the preferred being propane off when traveling. However I know of no propane shut off if the slide is closed. Mine runs fine when closed - I did need to adjust the line in the closed position. My guess is you have a kink. It should be visible under the slide when closed. It probably wrapped up with the electric cable. There is also a valve at the connection point on the frame. Check to see it is open too. I also run with propane on to keep fridge working.
    Thanks, I'll look and report back !
    2021 Solitude 3540 GK, Reese Goosebox 20K, TST 507 TPMS, RV Airflow
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/10 speed Allison, LB DRW 4WD
    previous: First "rig" was a '68 VW Bug and 2 backpacks
    1972 Starcraft 8 tent trailer, '73 Chevy Blazer
    2006 Fleetwood Williamsburg tent trailer, '07 Toyota 4Runner
    2015 Jayco Jay Flight 29QBS, 2012 Ford F-150 EcoBoost 4WD, Equal-i-zer hitch

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by krsmitty View Post
    My 2020 Reflection 287RLTS runs on propane with the slide closed.
    Our 2015 (2015 build) Reflection 337RLS did, as well. Perhaps this is something new?

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady and the Fishfinder View Post

My fridge on my 2021 2970RL is in the slide and it works fine on propane when the slide is closed.

They may have added something when they realized there was a problem with the propane regulator and over flame events.
    Last edited by OurNewEra; 08-03-2021 at 01:58 PM. Reason: After Thought:
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast