User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sailun reboot

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My originals were 80s but when I got my Sailuns the 80s were hard to find so I went with the 85s. For me the slightly larger size made the trailer sit perfectly level while towing. The slightly larger diameter didn't cause any problems with any clearance (except one piece of trim around the wheels had a sharp protrusion toward the tire that I cut off cuz it was a bit close.) The 85 has a slightly higher weight rating but not really a big deal. I will be going with the 85s this next time also. Not sure there would be any real difference in wear or heat dissipation between the two.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The small lift in the rear will help with my level as well. I'll probably buy them from Walmart. They will install for 5$, in PA. Also, in case the dates are not fresh or anything else is wrong it will be an easy return.

Thank you for your help
    Bob & Karen
    Travelin the Right Lane
    2019 Solitude 375RES, MorRyde IS
    2018 GMC 3500HD Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought my Sailun S637T ST235/85R -16 from SimpleTire.com back in 2017. They were $573 for a set of four at the time, and I had them shipped to Sears for installation. They're a tad taller than the stock tires, which in the overall scheme didn't affect anything (it actually levelled it out more).
    SimpleTire.com offered a couple of places to deliver them to, and a few of which were equipped to replace them on site.
    Since I was replacing the leaky seals and brakes anyway, I just brought Sears one tire a day to mount for me. I'd essentially drop one off on the way to work, pick it up on the way home, then replace the brake plate and install the newly mounted tire. Take the next off, and take it to them the next morning. It was a little round-about way to get it done vs just bringing it to a truck tire place and having all 4 replaced at the same time, but like I mentioned I needed to do the brakes and seals anyway.
    I did have Sears balance them, which seems to have improved the ride to me. I think next time I'll go with the dynabeads to save a few dollars, but overall I've been happy. Only other issue I ran into was that Sears could only inflate them to 80PSI since that was as high as their compressor would go. When I got them home I added another 20# and I just run them at 100PSI.
    Jake and Leah, our two boys, and our Lab
    Based out of North Carolina, currently in Henderson, TX
    2013 RAM 2500 6.7L 4x4
    2015 Reflection 323BHS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate your input. Like you, I will be doing the same thing where I will take them off the trailer and drive them over to Walmart. I never heard of Dynabeads. Now that you have introduced them to me I will be looking at that at least for my truck.
    Thank you
    Bob & Karen
    Travelin the Right Lane
    2018 GMC 3500HD Dually

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had the dynabeads for 3 or 4 years now and they have worked fine. The one thing with the dynabeads though is you can't use them f you have tire sensors on your tires. They will get plugged up.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok good to know. I currently use tire monitors.
    thanks again
    Bob & Karen
    Travelin the Right Lane
    2018 GMC 3500HD Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    We have had the dynabeads for 3 or 4 years now and they have worked fine. The one thing with the dynabeads though is you can't use them f you have tire sensors on your tires. They will get plugged up.
    It may depend on the type of sensors - I run them in my truck with sensors without any issues. I don't run them in my RV yet, but I also don't run sensors there.
    Jake and Leah, our two boys, and our Lab
    Based out of North Carolina, currently in Henderson, TX
    2013 RAM 2500 6.7L 4x4
    2015 Reflection 323BHS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An FYI I posted on another thread. Though here would be good also...

Just an FYI... I called TBC Distributors (Sailun distributor for U.S.) to confirm the Vietnam info and find out if they are aware of failures since the change, since I am getting ready to buy 6 more.

Yes, some tire sizes (including 235/85R16) are now made in Vietnam to avoid China Tariffs. They are not aware of an up-tic in failures but did say they will only know if the dealers who sold them get them back and send them back to TBC/Sailun for inspection.

She also added, Walmart is NOT an authorized dealer and no telling what they do with failure/returns so they (TBC) may not know about failures of Walmart sold tires.

She says SimpleTire & Tire Rack are official dealers.

So.... those of you with failures, please report them to your place of purchase so they can forward that info to TBC/Sailun.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: Ordered 6 tires from SimpleTire yesterday morning around 7am (9/24/21) and they showed up at my door today (9/25/21) at 10am. Wow! All tires with DOT date code of 29&30 week (July) of 21, and yes made in Vietnam.

Hopefully all will go well with these as they did with the last set from 2015.

Thanks SimpleTire!

EDIT: FYI there is a "sale" going on until the end of Oct.
    Last edited by JCR GD; 09-25-2021 at 11:22 AM.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So much for being proactive? I replaced my Westlakes , which still looked good, just under a year ago with Sailuns. A little over 6000 miles on them. Towing today I noticed rt.rr. running a few degrees warmer and 6-8 psi higher than the other 3. Pulled over to inspect it , and center of tread is bulged noticeably. They were ordered online from Walmart. We’re kinda in no man’s land in Texas at the moment. Contacted a Walmart in Amarillo. They said no warranty on trailer tires. Tomorrow’s another day.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast