User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sailun reboot

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sailun reboot

Well it's been over 5 years since I installed my Sailuns and they have done a great job of providing me with peace of mind going down the road. I am coming up on 6 years from manufacture date and it's time to start thinking about replacing them. The wear on them looks fine (not a whole lot of difference between spare and in service tires) but 6 years is my limit for timing out the tires. (Mileage is around 25,000+)

All this to say... the Sailuns have been a good tire and I will be replacing them with the same!
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too have Saliuns and not seen any wear or had any issues. Due to less camping over the last year and a half I can wait until next year to replace mine. Unless something comes up to change my mind I'll go with Saliuns again.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you considered the Hercules 901 tires instead of the Sailun’s?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Jchild- Colorado Springs, CO
    - 2018 303RLS
    - 2015 GMC 2500HD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jchild View Post

I went with the Hercules ST 901 -- because I couldn't find a local supplier for Sailun's. So far, excellent service from the Hercules tires. My dealer was very impressed with the look and feel, especially compared to the Westlakes I replaced.

-Steve
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reboot tires? I've rebooted many computers and I've heard of retreading tires...

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    Well it's been over 5 years since I installed my Sailuns and they have done a great job of providing me with peace of mind going down the road. I am coming up on 6 years from manufacture date and it's time to start thinking about replacing them. The wear on them looks fine (not a whole lot of difference between spare and in service tires) but 6 years is my limit for timing out the tires. (Mileage is around 25,000+)

All this to say... the Sailuns have been a good tire and I will be replacing them with the same!
    Just before I went crazy and decided to trade out our fifth wheel for a Solitude, I replaced my Sailuns. Simpletire would not give or guarantee date codes. I bought online from Walmart. The tires were super fresh...but if they were old I would have been able to return them to the local Walmart...food for thought if you are still looking for a tire dealer for them.
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    Just before I went crazy and decided to trade out our fifth wheel for a Solitude, I replaced my Sailuns. Simpletire would not give or guarantee date codes. I bought online from Walmart. The tires were super fresh...but if they were old I would have been able to return them to the local Walmart...food for thought if you are still looking for a tire dealer for them.
    Good to know, thanks. SimpleTire told me the same thing but did say they will provide free return shipping if I get one/some I don't like (as long as it/they have not been mounted.) When I bought the current ones from them they were all within a few weeks of each other and only a couple months "old."
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jchild View Post

I like Hercules. Had them on my previous trailer. I just put the Hercules 901 (L speed, 14 ply/G rating) on our Reflection. Was able to buy on-line from BB Wheels for $165 each. Had my local dealer install, upgrade with high pressure stems and balance for $140. I'll give you an update after out 7,000 miles summer trip. I went with the 129/125 to maintain the aspect ration.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hercules tires.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	34027
    Bill & Marsha
    2020 Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 2500HD Silverado 4x4
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    I think that Walmart.com is the online marketing source to distribute their tires. My Sailuns came directly from Sailun's warehouse in South Florida by UPS.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Ready to buy new tires. Sailun R80 or R85?

Hi All,

I'm starting to think about replacing the tires on my 2019 Solitude 375RES. I am running the original Westlake ST235/80R16 LRG tires which have about 23,000 mi on them now. They still have good tread but the manufacture dates are mid to late 2018. So far I have no concern other than I notice my pressures with go as high as 137PSI after they are inflated cold to 110 and on the road for about 3 hrs.

I am pretty set on the Sailuns. But, I am having some trouble deciding on whether I should go to the Sailun ST235/85R16 LRG instead of staying with the R80 size. Does anyone have any experience with going to the larger diameter tires? Does the larger diameter provide better wear and/or heat dissipation? Is there any reason not to go to the R85?

Note: The wheels I have are rated for 4080 pounds which is the same as the R80.

Thank you
    Bob & Karen
    Travelin the Right Lane
    2019 Solitude 375RES, MorRyde IS
    2018 GMC 3500HD Dually

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast