Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Molly Grease

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Molly Grease

Following up from another post about grease here.
    What type of grease do you prefer as your go to grease?

My personal preference has been 3% Molly High pressure for everything including wheel bearings. I grew up using this type of grease on all of our dairy farm equipment. When I was old enough to get a Chauffeurs License operating Class 8 Vehicles as an owner operator and Fleet operations, Molly has been the go to grease of choice.

I am believer in grease is your friend on moving parts and realize that every lubricant has its place. Currently I have 17000 on the rig and it’s about time to pull the hubs and have a look see before our 6000 mile trip.
    I have found that the grease seal will age out and would replace the bearings, race and seals if I was that far into the project.
    Because I have not experienced a bearing failure on anything I will continue to use Molly fortified grease as my go to Lubricant.

Your Thoughts?
    2017 F-250 6.7 2019 273 MK
    Retired Tanker Yanker
    My your pleasures be many and your troubles be few!

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a big fan of Lucas Oil Red N Tacky No. 2. Like you, never had any bearing failures and am happy with the results.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I'm a big fan of Lucas Oil Red N Tacky No. 2. Like you, never had any bearing failures and am happy with the results.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    X2 on the Lucas Red N Tacky, good stuff.
    John & Cindy
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ford F250 6.7 PSD

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used Timken high temp red for years and it always looks good when I re-pack.

I would save myself some money and not bother replacing races and bearings unless they show signs of failure.

If you don't have one, the best tool that I have ever bought is a bearing packer!
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here I like the Lucas but in a pinch when I couldn't find Lucas, I have used a Valvoline product with the same specifications.
    I do carry spare sets of bearings and seals just in case, also now carry complete loaded brake plate assemblies, (had to replace one) never needed the bearings so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2561.jpg   IMG_2560.jpg  
    Last edited by Steven@147; 07-17-2021 at 06:40 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post

I would save myself some money and not bother replacing races and bearings unless they show signs of failure.
    Yea that’s usually what I do, if everything looks good clean and repack, put them back on. I am one of those folks that if the grease seals begin to look a little damp (age out), everything gets changed, for me that’s cheap insurance.
    2017 F-250 6.7 2019 273 MK
    Retired Tanker Yanker
    My your pleasures be many and your troubles be few!