Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Dutchman2;369078]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post

1carguy,
    Just installed a wire lead from the battery using the battery tender ring connections setup to the positive and negative posts. Then ordered a 3' cable extension off Amazon with battery tender connections. Drilled a hole in the side wall plate just in front of the drivers side front jack and installed the wire with a grommet in place to protect the wires. Then ran wires around propane bottle and wired tied it to the propane hose. With the open area under the propane tanks it made it very easy to connect the battery tender to maintain battery when in storage. Made for a very clean installation. No pulling batteries etc. when unit is in storage.
    Just my opinion but I don’t think I would put an electrical connector right next to my propane bottle. A small gas leak and a spark while connecting or disconnecting battery tender could be disastrous.
    Phillip and Jane
    2019 F250
    2019 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Battery Tender would definitely solve my problem but I do not have power where I store the trailer. Today I installed a simple kill switch at the battery box and will flip the switch each time I put it in storage. It just seems odd to me that it goes dead only after about 5-6 days. I've owned the trailer since Feb this year and for the first couple of months it never went dead, even after several weeks.
    I'm also going to start gathering information on a small solar system since it's pre wired.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=PRBrown;370763]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman2 View Post

Just my opinion but I don’t think I would put an electrical connector right next to my propane bottle. A small gas leak and a spark while connecting or disconnecting battery tender could be disastrous.
    PRBrown,
    No argument if the correct precautions were not followed. I ensure the propane valve is closed and battery tender connection has been securely connected prior to energizing the battery tender that is located on a wall 6’ away. I feel very comfortable with the setup.

Dutchman2

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SabreDriver View Post
    My 2021 303RLS had a bunch of stuff powered with the kill switch off, including the motion sensor lights in the basement. Drained my battery in <10 days. I went back and put a true disconnect switch on the ground side, so I can just turn the knob in the front storage just above the battery and completely disconnect it without having to unscrew the top off the battery box every time I park it in storage. Best $25 I’ve spent in a long while. I just hope I haven’t trashed my house battery, and it lasts until I can swap it out for a Lithium and solar setup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Can you possibly tell me the make/model of the disconnect you bought and installed? I've got to do the same thing... as the same thing happened to me in 12-14 days...
    Cowboychincs
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS
    2021 Ford F-350 6.7L Diesel Platinum
    Castle Rock, CO

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboychincs View Post
    Can you possibly tell me the make/model of the disconnect you bought and installed? I've got to do the same thing... as the same thing happened to me in 12-14 days...
    Blue Sea Systems on/off switch. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00445KFZ2...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Many of us swear by their products.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Blue Sea Systems on/off switch. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00445KFZ2...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Many of us swear by their products.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    ^^^^I agree. I put the same one in my Momentum and was one of the first things I did to my Reflection.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone... ordered one from Amazon along with an 18in power cable... will install when they arrive... right now, the RV is in my driveway and plugged into shore power... so hoping the battery is still good... but will find out when I get ready to install... if it isn't, I will install a new battery at the same time... we have a new 2021 RLS337... so I have no idea what battery is installed... but I do know that there is only one battery....
    Cowboychincs
    Castle Rock, CO

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here’s a picture of my battery cut off switch installed in my 337RLS. It’s installed on the positive side.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Jerryr.... that helps... my order should be here in the next day or two... will most likely mount it either like you did or on top of the battery cover... but will install it on the negative side... just because I am an old telephone guy and we were taught to make the disconnects with the negative side of a DC circuit... but either will work.... this helps a lot.... you may have seen my other post where the inside kitchen right hand slide seal came off as I was moving the slide out... now trying to figure out how to reinstall it and make it stay up... and this is a new 337RLS... thx again for the reply on the battery disconnect...
    Cowboychincs
    Castle Rock, CO

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out the Duravolt RV solar panel. I have seen them around and on Amazon. Little thing attaches to your pin box with magnets. If that side gets sun at the storage yard, should do the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Momentum 349M - WeatherTek - 3rd A/C

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast