User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
    Attachment 36701

I currently have this "bulge" on all 4 of my GY Endurance tires. GY dealers say it's impact damage from travelling thru potholes, over curbs, etc.
    My guess it it happened when my trailer was towed from Indiana to the dealer in Tampa (trailer is only 1 month in my posession and I towed it 40 miles to me house).
    GD referred me to Lions Head who is warranteeing the 4 tires under their 1 year no excuses policy.
    I expect to see the tires later this week or early next week.
    Lions Head took very good care of you because your picture, at that angle, is not sidewall impact damage. That's super characteristic of belt lap, and some tires do show it was worse than others because it's way more manual manufacturing still than maybe realized. It would be great if you could share what your new tires look like in comparison when received and mounted.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s great lions head is replacing all the tires. Lions head, as well as our dealer and grand design, denied any responsibility for our Goodyear tires even though we also have the 1 year no excuse policy. Ours had weather cracking on one side of the rv, I’m assuming from sitting in the grand design parking lot while waiting to be built/shipped. To be fair, lions head literature says they don’t warranty Goodyear’s. (But then how is it a no excuse policy?)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackfish3 View Post
    That’s great lions head is replacing all the tires. Lions head, as well as our dealer and grand design, denied any responsibility for our Goodyear tires even though we also have the 1 year no excuse policy. Ours had weather cracking on one side of the rv, I’m assuming from sitting in the grand design parking lot while waiting to be built/shipped. To be fair, lions head literature says they don’t warranty Goodyear’s. (But then how is it a no excuse policy?)
    I'm confused, Lionshead replaced your tires and by doing so it would seem assumed responsibility. How much or little did they replace? What are the date codes of your cracked tires? You'll find a four digit number in an oval, first two are the week the next two the year. I.E. (1220) 12th week of 2020.
    How much or little did they replace? When I had a Westlake tire blow out they offered a replacement Westlake or 105$ towards a new tire, nothing to cover installation. Mounted, balanced and installed 4 new Goodyear Endurance were $165 apiece.
    Hearing your experience with these Goodyear tires I'm wondering if they are heading back to the Bad 'Ol days of the Marathon tire. It's a distant memory but the Marathon was as bad as any "China bomb".
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Lions Head took very good care of you because your picture, at that angle, is not sidewall impact damage. That's super characteristic of belt lap, and some tires do show it was worse than others because it's way more manual manufacturing still than maybe realized. It would be great if you could share what your new tires look like in comparison when received and mounted.
    I'm sorry but 3 tire dealers including 2 Good Year dealers verified that the bulges are from impact damage to the sidewall. They saw the tires in person and said they were no longer safe. They also pointed out the mark/scuff in the tire where it was impacted.
    And Lion's Head agreed.
    And it was not a ploy to sell me new tires because neither of the GY dealers had any and they can't get them until 2022.

I just received the new tires about an hour ago (with a recent date code). I'll take a picture next week when I get them mounted.

Here's the sticker that's on the outside of my trailer describing Lion's Head's policy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2422.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	36714
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
    I'm sorry but 3 tire dealers including 2 Good Year dealers verified that the bulges are from impact damage to the sidewall. They saw the tires in person and said they were no longer safe. They also pointed out the mark/scuff in the tire where it was impacted.
    And Lion's Head agreed.
    And it was not a ploy to sell me new tires because neither of the GY dealers had any and they can't get them until 2022.

I just received the new tires about an hour ago (with a recent date code). I'll take a picture next week when I get them mounted.

Here's the sticker that's on the outside of my trailer describing Lion's Head's policy

Name:	IMG_2422.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	36714
    You posted a single picture looking down the sidewall at an above angle. All that can be seen is an undulation and marks from a China marker or such. In my youth, I worked in a tire shop and my hobbies have made tire knowledge important. I can walk into my cousin's tire warehouse and provide a quick dozen pictures of how heavy carcass tires have characteristics that look just like what your picture shows. If there's more than we can see that led others to decide it was road damage - OK. However, do understand the general level of knowledge at your typical tire shop is very, very low for anything outside of passenger tires. Again, great you have had your concern addressed. The point being driven is that a ripple in the sidewall of a trailer tires does not necessarily mean it's damage or failure. Could definitely be as equally as it definitely could not be. Goodyear publishes a book of characteristic defects for all of its dealers. Take a look at this Endurance sidewall, it was characterized as an asthetic defective only:

Name:	20190614_163946.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	36733

The owner has had no issue with the tire. The owner of the Heritage Glen I recently rebuilt and reinforced the suspension on bought 6 new Endurance tires (two spares), all were fresh - all less than 4 months old. Out of those 6, 2 were just as pronounced, 3 more noticeable.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackfish3 View Post
    Our tires that were cracking are 225/75r15. After getting the run around from both grand design and the dealer we took the tires off the rv and took them directly to a Goodyear location. They did cover the cost of the 2 tires that showed weather cracking. We had the other 2 replace for piece of mind. Goodyear also had the tires in stock and the job was done the next day.

I’m not sure what you mean by bubbles but the sidewalls on trailer tires do have slight lumps. See the pictures in this post:

https://www.airforums.com/forums/f43...ts-225852.html

If the tires have a gumball shaped bubble that’s definitely not good and probably not safe to drive on.

yes, sorry should have said lumps. very similar to the pictures provided. I think we’d just prefer to be safe and replace.

thank you kindly

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of press has been given to the Endurance tires. While they may be better than the China bombs, they are still ST tires with the same problems inherent with the other ST tires. Maybe they don't come apart as fast. Who knows.

I upgraded my last trailer to 16" Cooper LTs. They were almost new when I traded for my Reflection so I transferred them to the new trailer.

Upgrading to 16" alloy wheels and Cooper LTs...Not cheap
    Peace of mind.... Priceless
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as the LT tires are rated for the weight, you're good, but for 7,000 lb. axles you need at least either a G-rated tire, or an ST tire. A LT tire rated for 3,000 lbs. won't cut it.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do know about "undulation" as it is sometimes called. I had the discussion several times recently.
    What I have is not that.
    You are not the only person who knows about tires.
    You are welcome to buy these from me, just make an offer.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12