Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Dan
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2.0 Lippert leveling system problem

This is on a 2017 GD Reflection. It has been in storage since October in a garage with the battery removed. Picked it up today, put the battery back in. I went to start the control system and the green screen came on but its a blank screen. I can raise and lower the jacks from the buttons except auto level which does nothing. I have had this in storage every year since we purchased it. I was surprised that other years it remembered the hitch up height after having the battery out, except this year, problems. Any ideas how to get the readout on the screen to come back. Any help would be appreciated.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Battery new or original? Depending on when your unit was built, battery could be 5 years old which is typical life expectancy. Can you plug in your unit to at least a 15amp circuit to see if the problem goes away?
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like the touch pad may have failed or low battery voltage.

Give lippert a call and have them help you troubleshoot it. I called them 2 months ago and they were very helpful. One of my touch pad buttons was bad and they recommended replacing it. I ordered a replacement on eBay for about $200. https://www.ebay.com/itm/294021580474

I once had the display go blank due to a very low battery. Even after charging the battery while it was in the RV it was still blank. I then removed battery cables and reconnected them and it came alive. So I would first measure voltage of the battery and verify it’s at least 12.5 v. If it is then disconnect it for a few minutes and reconnect it and see if it resolves the problem. If it’s low voltage charge it up reconnect to it and try it again.

If all this fails I would call lippert tech support for advice.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Dan
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the info. I plugged it in for awhile, shut the power off, disconnected the battery, connected the battery back up, low and behold its fixed. I think it still is the battery. I think with the camper plugged in it gives the battery a little boost vs a slow charge from the TV.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Headsouth View Post
    thanks for the info. I plugged it in for awhile, shut the power off, disconnected the battery, connected the battery back up, low and behold its fixed. I think it still is the battery. I think with the camper plugged in it gives the battery a little boost vs a slow charge from the TV.
    Glad you got it resolved. If the battery is older than 4 years I’d replace it. Better now than when on the road. A few months ago I needed to replace mine in my 2017 Reflection. Costco and Sams Club sell Group 27 marine/RV batteries with proper terminals for about $89. https://www.costco.com/interstate-27...100476408.html

Yes plugging in to shore power turns on the converter/charger and that applies significantly more current than attaching it to your truck.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg