User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

solar controller connection

Good Day everyone.
    I have an existing solar controller hooked up just at the solar hook up point within the couple feet of the batteries.
    the goal is to relocate it to inside the cabinet above the electrical panel for ease in checking battery voltage and charging.
    Now the question, Amazon, of course right? has electrical wire, 10 gauge extensions for solar or 10 gauge tinned wire.
    Both of these are in 30 foot sections, one has the ends without tinned and the other without ends and is tinned.
    I need about 12 to 13 feet coming into the controller and the same going out to the batteries.
    which one is the suggested or does it really matter before I click the purchase now button.
    My solar panel is a 200 watt and I only use it when boondocking and move it around as needed to keep it in the sun.
    Thanks for your input. OH, it has worked just fine for plenty of years this way, just going to relocate the controller.
    Have a great day!!!
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a BoatUS near you? Just roll in and buy what you need off the spool. ANCOR marine cable is great not only for being tinned buy also the flexibility because of the high strand count. You can also just roll into Home Depot or Lowes and buy jacketed cable that will suit you fine. You really don't need anything special for this behind that right gauge for the lengths of run.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And make sure it is not copper plated aluminum? I've seen a lot of that on Amazon.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue