User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome Mat - New Member

Hello!

My name is Zigman but you can call me Ziggy. I used the Polish version of my name as the login name zygmunt, but again you can call me Ziggy.
    Best Regards,

Ziggy

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ziggy, welcome to the forum! Are you shopping or do you have a GD ?
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Marcy & Gary,
    I am in the process of purchasing a GD 22MLE in Eastern Carolina. We were planning on getting a 17MKE, and we order one. We placed a down payment on 17MKE and at last minute decided to switch to a 22MLE. There were several reasons why we did so. First, When we ordered the 17MKE back in March and we had to wait 6 to 8 weeks to get onsite. Since then, we upgraded our truck from Tacoma to Tundra, which gives us more opportunities. With the Tacoma, we were restricted to how much I can tow, the same is true with the Tundra, but the Tundra (we call it the tank) can easy handle the 22MLE. The second reason, I went down to the dealers the other day, these would had been the 7th week since we order the 17MKE. They were still protecting two more weeks until we can get the 17MKE, plus we wanted a solar package install. The local dealer still had two 22MLE on the lot. We could had pick it yesterday, but we are now on the last piece for the solar setup. We are happy with our decision. We didn't look at the 22MLE before because of the towing capacity of the Tacoma. We want to stay under 5,000 pounds for dry weigh and under 6,000 for the total weigh.
    Best Regards,

Ziggy

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome Mat - New Member

Congratulations and enjoy camping
    I think having a regular bed vs the Murphy will be a huge bonus

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Last edited by NB Canada; 05-11-2021 at 07:10 AM.
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and Welcome Ziggy!

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Red,
    We are happy with the choice. I think getting the Tundra give us more opportunities. I'll miss my little Blue Mule. It was funny taking on the beach at the Outer Banks in North Carolina, but we were concern with towing capacities. On paper, if we keep the payload lite, we could had pulled the 17MKE, unit we head to western part of the State. The 22MLE weighs more, but with the Tundra we shouldn't have any issue. My neighbor brought a 22MLE in February and he tows with a F-150 without any issues. Now we both have a 22MLE, and planning on taking trip together. I think the living space in GD is way better than on a Winnebago Hike.
    Ziggy
    Best Regards,

Ziggy

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today, Michele and I are picking up our new GD 22MLE. It been a long 6 to 8 weeks. We ordered the RV from our local dealer on the "Eyes of March". They told us that it would take 6 to 8 week to get onsite. I ordered it with the solar panels, which the dealer was going to installed for me, 300Watts system. I am not sure what happen, but not all the parts are in for the installation. We decided to forgo the Solar Panels for now. We already cancelled our maiden voyage on May 20th weekend, because the RV wasn't available. We have another trip schedule for Charleston,SC on the 7th of June. So I guess our Charleston trip will now be our maiden voyage. This is new territory for us. We had a 33ft sailboat, now a 22MLE. Any word of wisdom for us? Thanks! Zig and Michele
    Best Regards,

Ziggy

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and enjoy. We absolutely love our 22mle. Words of wisdom, always look up when towing. I'd invest in a good TPMS and surge protector to start. Also lookup the geo method for you grey and black tanks. https://kleentank.com/the-geo-method/

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE