User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grand Design Build Error! Leaking water!

I have a 2020 grand design imagine 2970. We bought it in 2019 so it’s almost 2 years old. Suddenly water started to drip underneath and it got worse. I looked everywhere!!!! I bought a Wire camera and long behold!!!!! Under the shower there are 2 x 3 used to support the shower bottom. Well Grand design put the 2 x 3 on top of a water hose!!!!!! And it’s the corner of the wood that’s on top of the hose as the hose goes down the floor hole underneath WTH. Over the years from showering and the woods corner pushing on the water hose caused a hole. I contacted grand design and it’s taking forever to get back to me. I took matters in my own hands. I relocated the wood support, cut a 2” section of the hose that had the hole and reconnected the hose with a fitting. The leak has stopped. Now I’m scared for wood damage! I opened the underbelly and drained the water and to let it air dry. Grand design said I’m on a list and the regional manager will call me when he gets to me 😒. Will grand design help me since it’s a craftsman issue. I took video and photos of everything before I fixed the leak. I tried to add photos to this forum but it won’t add. This is my first time posting and first issue ever w my rv. Well 2nd actually . Lol. Propane regulator went out after warranty too 🤣

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-8664.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	34018Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-8664.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	34018
    Last edited by Boardingit; 05-09-2021 at 10:14 AM. Reason: tried to add photo

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Help with what?

You got it fixed and are good to go it sounds

Good job fixing it yourself btw. You are far better off than months at a dealership

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the photo added. The wood you see here is the shower support that that have in all 4 corners of the shower. Should I not worry? Should grand design replace the whole hose. now i have the hose reconnected with another fitting. after cutting bad part out. I also moved the support over 6 " away from the hole. Can you believe that Grand Design Build it like this!!!!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See what they have to say, but if it’s fixed then it’s fixed, not much else to do. It wouldn’t be over the top to ask for a replacement hose, if it would make you more comfortable.

Really the only question is how long did it leak, and where did the water go. If the answers are not very long and under the trailer, you are probably good. Whoever installed your shower made a mistake. If grand design is engaged best thing you can do is just inspect everything you can - if it all looks good, carry on
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great that you found it and was able to fix it yourself. You probably did a better job then they would of done anyway. I'd still have GD open a file on this issue in case other issues come out of this.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Help with what?
    He stated that he was worried about water damage. In a wooden floor it could be pretty severe. Better to open a case with GD now to have it documented for any future, unforeseen problems that might crop up.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    He stated that he was worried about water damage. In a wooden floor it could be pretty severe. Better to open a case with GD now to have it documented for any future, unforeseen problems that might crop up.
    He did open a case with GD already it appears so that is why I asked the question
    Unlikely GD will “extend” coverage into the future
    He will probably be advised to take it to a dealer for inspection
    Even if there were some wood damage the down time to repair it would likely be long
    With the leak stopped I am sure everything will be fine

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Help with what?

You got it fixed and are good to go it sounds

Good job fixing it yourself btw. You are far better off than months at a dealership

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    The water was leaking out from the bottom of the TT. That means any insulation under there is soaking wet and there could be black mold starting to grow.
    As far as the hose repair. Unless a it can be routed again then a simple splice like the OP did will have to do IMO.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not difficult to dry things out. Reverse a shop vac into a blower and you can dry up that compartment underneath the shower pretty quickly. Better yet, a floor blower directed into the servicing handhold.

My shower sits over the black tank, so I know there's not much if any insulation to worry about... YMMV.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk