All,

Need to pick some brains before taking our FW into the dealer tomorrow.

We were doing preseason checks and cleaning yesterday when our living room slide would not retract. We could repeatedly get it to come in and then out 5-6 inches. I did notice the right side of the slide as you face it from inside would retract first and then the left.

I went through the manual/YouTube videos for troubleshooting the schwintek system. We did the module motor disabling feature (7 pushes and then hold on the 7th) and were able to retract the slide with me helping to push it closed from the outside. The slide felt like it retracted unevenly on either side as it went in.

I went to put the control module back to normal mode when I smelled and saw smoke from the module (Has the number 1 on it in the attached picture with the now black motor 2 connector). My wife still had the button pushed for the slide for the extra 3-4 seconds per what is recommended when I went back to the module. After I noticed this I disconnected shoreline and battery power.

We had the same problem with this slide last year (without the module problem) and the dealership stated it was a tight fitting slide from factory and due to the humidity (Augusta, GA summer) it was catching. We had no issues with it after their fix and we were in some humid and hot places last year.

Questions:

1. I am two months outside of my 1 year warranty. Do you think GD or Lippert should cover this?

2. Should I disconnect all cables leading into the module?

3. Any thoughts/experience on what is going on with this?

Thanks for any input.

Bill

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2110.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	34016