User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Hankook Vantra Trailer Tire ST01

I just started my search for replacement tires for my 297RSTS 235/80R16 tires and came across the new Hankook Vantra Trailer ST01 tires that looks very interesting. I know Hankook makes some pretty good tires so these would be interesting to me. The have the same N speed rating as the Goodyear Endurance which would give more margin than the current Westlakes and the Carlilse Radial Trail HD which only have the L speed rating. I know that they are new but just wondering if anyone has bought these yet and what your thoughts are so far. Also be curious as to where they are made as Hankook is a South Korean company so maybe they are made there.

Thanks for any info.
    Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to Wikipedia, "The company has its headquarters in South Korea and has manufacturing facilities in South Korea, the People's Republic of China, Hungary, Indonesia, and the United States." You might have to contact Hankook US to determine where that particular tire is made (I looked on their web site and didn't find it). Their US headquarters in is Tennessee and the number is 615-432-0700.

Here's a link to the leaflet on the 101 (you may have already found this):

https://www.hankooktire.com/us/files...01_Leaflet.pdf

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    According to Wikipedia, "The company has its headquarters in South Korea and has manufacturing facilities in South Korea, the People's Republic of China, Hungary, Indonesia, and the United States." You might have to contact Hankook US to determine where that particular tire is made (I looked on their web site and didn't find it). Their US headquarters in is Tennessee and the number is 615-432-0700.

Here's a link to the leaflet on the 101 (you may have already found this):

https://www.hankooktire.com/us/files...01_Leaflet.pdf

Rob
    Thanks Rob,

I didn't have the leaflet. I was searching on the Canadian Hankook site when I was looking for info.

I might just have to give them a call and see what they say.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you ever pursue this further? I just became aware of this option and it looks promising. I had this brand on my prior truck and while they were not outstanding there were good. If i could get similar performance for the trailer id be happy.

Bob

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be interested too. We had put some Hankooks on a van some years ago mostly because of the price. I was impressed with them. They wore well rode nice and were great in the snow. Have always said I would not have a problem buying them again.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to Tire Rack they're made in CH (China)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcrowe View Post
    Did you ever pursue this further? I just became aware of this option and it looks promising. I had this brand on my prior truck and while they were not outstanding there were good. If i could get similar performance for the trailer id be happy.

Bob
    Hi Bob,

I had ordered them only to get a call from the online retailer to tell me they could not fill my order for 4. This after a local dealer could not get them either. They are very new so seemed like no more stock here in Canada, at least locally to me. I really wanted to get these tires but I have had good results with Carlisle Radial Trail HD previously so I put a set of those on instead.

If you decide to go that route please keep us informed on how you like them and how they last. Might get a set when the Carlisles age out.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry meant r15 above

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks I may give these a go. Tirerack is quoting endurance arrival of Feb '22 in my area....

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got these installed today - 225/75r15. They are a size larger than the oems but i believe i have enough clearance. Too early to tell how they will perform/last but the drive home was fine. They look well made and mine had a "made in korea" stamped on them. Local shops could not find them (too new i think) so i ordered from tirerack and had my tire shop install them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast