User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcrowe View Post
    I got these installed today - 225/75r15. They are a size larger than the oems but i believe i have enough clearance. Too early to tell how they will perform/last but the drive home was fine. They look well made and mine had a "made in korea" stamped on them. Local shops could not find them (too new i think) so i ordered from tirerack and had my tire shop install them.
    Good to hear someone managed to find these tires. I tried here in Canada and had no luck. Please keep us informed as to how these tires perform and last. Would be nice to have another reliable ST tire.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought 3 from tire rack in the US for a boat trailer. St215/75/R14 assembly was 0221 stamped made in china despite the info on tire rack stating Korea. The build is superior to the Westlake tires I pulled off my RV. (The boat trailer tires were from 2006 so not a fair comparison there.) I have good year endurance on my RV now and they have been stellar. I couldn't get them for the boat trailer so I decided to try these. We will see how they compare to the good year.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    Good to hear someone managed to find these tires. I tried here in Canada and had no luck. Please keep us informed as to how these tires perform and last. Would be nice to have another reliable ST tire.

Rob
    We just got back from the first trip. We drove through the mojave desert and put about 1000 miles on them. The high was 107f at one point and the tires were qbout 8-10 degrees highr than that according to tpms - this was at 65mph avg speed.

They drove well and felt a bit more stable than the old westlakes (might be due to inceases size of the new tires. 205 -> 225).

Of course 1000 miles is nothing but at least they didnt expload...
    2020 imagine 2500rl; 2021 F250 Tremor 7.3
    youtube: @bobanddangsjourney

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcrowe View Post
    We just got back from the first trip. We drove through the mojave desert and put about 1000 miles on them. The high was 107f at one point and the tires were qbout 8-10 degrees highr than that according to tpms - this was at 65mph avg speed.

They drove well and felt a bit more stable than the old westlakes (might be due to inceases size of the new tires. 205 -> 225).

Of course 1000 miles is nothing but at least they didnt expload...
    Glad to hear the first trip with these went well. I agree that 1000 miles is nothing but sounds like they are performing well so far. Guess we will see in the long run.

Thanks for keeping us updated.
    Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick update - we now have more than 5000 miles on these tires and they are holding up great so far. I know this mileage is not a lot but thought I would report back here in case others are looking. We did some driving through snow/ice (wolf creek pass) and they did fine there.
    2020 imagine 2500rl; 2021 F250 Tremor 7.3
    youtube: @bobanddangsjourney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12