User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are all kinds of people out there, some more friendly than others. We have had mostly positive experiences in our time in the rig. I do feel the huge amount of new people in combination with the COVID environment have led to what may seem as a colder experience. I agree that in time it will pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A sure way to tell the difference between an RV enthusiast and those who may have purchased just as a way to negotiate COVID-19 is by the questions you receive on the smallest of mods otherwise lost... For example, the high-mounted directional and stop light mod I did or the carryout kitchen setup I've made, or they spy the bottle water system I set up... Nikki and I still have new conversations with folks every trip, but it's as clear as can be the dynamic is different than before. We camped through the last surge too, and this too shall pass...
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably just the covid thing in some places. Calif was hit hard by the virus. But then again you will run into a lot of different people. Through our travels starting July last year we found very friendly RV people.
    A couple here at this park just across from us have a new Solitude 344. They haven't had it very long and it has been replaced with the 345. I just stopped by, at a distance, to ask how they liked their Solitude. Very friendly people, even invited us in to tour their RV. Turns out they are members of this forum, although not vey active, not very active computer users.

Our Escapee's sticker on the truck's back window has generated the start of a lot of conversations.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the one common denominator besides yourself? Oh you're in California. We just got off of a year-long road trip touring most of the bottom half of the United States. And we can honestly say in California we ran into some of the most standoffish people we have ever ran into. And we grew up in S. Calif. And spent the last 20+ years of our careers in the San Francisco Bay area. From New Port Beach to San Francisco, it's like two different worlds. The further east we got, and the more opened up States we got into, the more friendlier and friendlier the people seem to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We all just spent a year trying to avoid one another because it might kill us. Despite how ridiculous that sounds, it’s affected us all in many ways. I think the shrinks call it being more "Xenophobic". I can tell you that before the vaccine, I’d avoid crowds. I'd cross the street when walking through the neighborhood and jsut wave. Now I actually experienced people more apt to chat now than before. I don’t think it has anything to do with RVs or camping or what state your in, but that is just my opinion. I was just in line last week at the BMV and people were friendly, chatting with strangers on line waiting. Not had that experience before there. As far as attribution to being a GD owners, I think you had a bad run at a couple campgrounds. I can be pretty stand-off ish unknowingly after day 3 of a 7 days of driving cross country and a lousy night of sleep. And that ain’t me. I’m usually getting myself in trouble with the DW for gabbing too long with other people when we hit a new campground.

Only snooty-ness I've found are these "Motorcoach Only" parks. I find it funny I could have bought a (under 10 years old) trashed motorhome and rolled right into one of these parks but my shiny new (and just as expensive) 2020 Momentum is prohibited. Also I've experienced the opposite. I looked into several seasonal last year and would be told there was a (long) waiting list until I said I had a brand new toy hauler and get a call literally a few hours later that something had opened up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MooManChu; 05-10-2021 at 01:22 PM.
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    We camped through the last surge too, and this too shall pass...
    When was the last surge?
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For instance, it is a rare day indeed for anyone to say hello to a stranger in Philadelphia, but as normal as the sun rising most anywhere in Idaho...
    Having lived, worked in , traveled around and been to just about all parts of the City of Brotherly Love I'd have to beg to differ. Now maybe some take time to warm up to you and some will hold you suspect or in contempt as a stranger or even have ulterior motives but it is hardly unusual for folks to say hi.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    When was the last surge?
    It is actually incredibly cyclic. The beginning of each new decade marks a rise in RV sales. Before anyone goes into debate mode, it's been tracked by the industry for decades and the info is publicly available. That said, 1992 was the specific surge I was thinking of, and how it lead to more manufacturers and more campgrounds along with the big influx into the existing campgrounds.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That said, 1992 was the specific surge I was thinking of
    LMFAO!!
    That's the year we bought our first 5th wheel!!
    A Jayco 21'. Don't think you can find a 5'er that small anymore. That 5'er was built to boondock! I could get that thing anywhere.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My interaction usually starts with the "guy next door". Most times not a Grand Design owner. Some are really friendly, some not so much. I am mostly an outgoing person and can start, or join, a conversation easily. The most I have talked to Grand Design people has been at an annual get together (our second year this year), and the Hammondsport/Bath Rally, again our second year. We do normally walk around campgrounds and will strike up conversations when possible with owners, but we are almost as likely to talk to anyone along the way. My experiences with the Grand Design "community" have been pretty positive, along with all of the other campers out there. If I should find some that are less than friendly - that's their loss not mine. I'll still sleep well in my camper that night!
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast