User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I really don't get to wound up about chatting just because someone has a GD. I am on my second GD 5th wheel. 1st reflection was so below par I swear I would not touch a GD again. I did though and this one is not bad but I am not completely brand loyal anymore. I am presently in Florida and my park has had 8 GD units in the last two weeks but no one waved etc....who cares. Everybody is retiring and going full time and posting pictures of their dogs or their toilets and doing you tube.

Here is the one I like ( we call ourselves Allies)???? I prefer to keep my distance. I do approx 15 parks a year then several months in FL. If you ask me there is no boom in the industry only decline in parks conditions etc. Don't listen to me...I am just one of those full timers who is tired of barking dogs, loud trucks, and neighbors who make more noise than necessary. Don't get to concerned if no one waves...you maybe better off.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    LMFAO!!
    That's the year we bought our first 5th wheel!!
    A Jayco 21'. Don't think you can find a 5'er that small anymore. That 5'er was built to boondock! I could get that thing anywhere.
    Lol! Nice. Our neighbors at the time bought one of the tiny 5ers too! Jumped from one year with a Coleman popup.
    Towed it everywhere with a regular cab, long bed, Chevy C20 - bench seat and all!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We generally approach other GD owners to share what we love about our rigs, but not this year. Our beloved Reflection has literally fallen apart this winter during our travels. Gas line connection snapped, drawer frame fell apart, cooktop burner broke, awning arms won't retract fully, microwave is dead, fridge froze up and we lost all our food, I could go on. So no, I don't want to have an interaction with you right now. But hey, if you want to talk about the weather I'm all ears.
    Joe and Sandy
    2017 Reflection 303rls
    2018 Silverado 3500HD

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just aren't as 'communicative' with other campers because we don't know how they are handling the covid thing - mentally. Could be anywhere from really nervous to don't give a rats ***. And we don't want to stress people in the former group.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    We just aren't as 'communicative' with other campers because we don't know how they are handling the covid thing - mentally. Could be anywhere from really nervous to don't give a rats ***. And we don't want to stress people in the former group.
    And I want to keep distance from those in the latter.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have found that most all RV’s are friendly. Very seldom do we run across someone who does not acknowledge or at least say hello. I am sure this virus has everyone on edge and we are all eager to return to pre-COVID life. We do see a lot of GD on the road and in campgrounds so it is always a pleasure to meet someone who has the same brand. This always allows for a lot of discussions and opens doors to other topics. Those that appear unfriendly, it may be just that - an appearance. Maybe a maiden voyage, issues with rig or a million other things may be the cause of this unfriendly appearance. If we ever get our Momentum ( any day now as we have said for 2 months) you are welcome to have sit and chat with us!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People are people and you just can't tell who is who. I always wave to those that make eye contact. For me, it's just the right thing to do.
    If I am going to engage someone, it would be for a specific topic, not general small talk. " How do you like your ??????". I do ask questions and try not to get to lengthy unless they do.

It is entertaining as we enter and exit. Sometimes I feel like the Pope on parade, waving to each site as we pass. The entertaining part is the reactions:
    About 75% wave back and smile.
    About 10% quickly look at the ground.
    About 10% are searching for enemy aircraft.
    The last 5% stare like a deer in the headlights.

I have found no common element in determining their reactions. Rig type, car type, condition of rig, age, location, weather, etc.
    It doesn't seem to hold any common indicator.
    Rob
    Rob & Kathy
    2019 F350 CCSB SRW, w/Demco Autoslide.
    2019 Solitude 310GK.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This reminds me of my motorcycling days. Common among MC riders was the low hand wave as you pass by another MC rider. Funny thing is Harley riders thought they were better than everyone else would rarely ever wave except to other Harley riders.
    I always found it sorta goofy to need or want to wave at another MC rider. Same with seeing another trailer of the same brand. Or for that mater when I pass another Ram.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't noticed that COVID has had much of an impact on attitudes in camp grounds. The really fearful folks aren't even camping. I'm in So Cal and have gone on two long road trips and many local excursions since the onset of the pandemic, and have found that people are as friendly as ever. I tend to be an initiator of conversations and most people are still receptive. We are getting ready for a 15 night, 1800 mile trip from San Diego to Southern Oregon in a couple of weeks. I expect to have many friendly conversations along the way.
    2019 F250 Platinum, 6.7, LB, FX4, High Capacity Tow Package
    B & W Companion
    2019 303RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyBoyNevada View Post
    Just a question with no intention to stir the pot
    Has anyone else noticed a difference in attitude with some GD owners? We have had our Imagine about 2 1/2 years, and were almost always greeted with at least a smile from other GD owners in RV parks. I don't know if it is Covid or general attitude but owners simply don't seem as friendly, ever though we are all members of the same brand family. A couple of months ago, we were in Moss Landing California at a KOA. On our row was five Imagines including ours. In the three days all the rigs were lined up, no one ever said hi or even acknowledged us. We have had the similar situation in Greagle California also. We never try to be over friendly, but a nod or hello or good morning to fellow RVers would seem to be in order. If we had a profile, we are a couple with no kids or pets. Our rig & site are always pristine. No loud music or yelling. We just enjoy our rig and where we get to go. We have recently seen some posts from people who have attended rallys (we have never been able to get in) and their comment is that the people are stand offish and clanish.
    I certainly hope that our fellow owners are not taking themselves or their rigs too seriously, Yes, most of us feel we own a fine brand. I just hope my fellow owners don't start getting the snooty attitude our friends who own the aluminum tin cans of wheels have. (We once were in Tucson with a Airstream rally. Talk about snooty! These tin canners actually looked down at the ground instead of acknowledging a non tin can owner

Thanks for reading
    My husband and I are "newbies" and only weekend warriors. We've been welcomed by everyone with at least a wave and a hello or hi in every campground and even have people come help us park and level our camper. RV'rs are some of the nicest people!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast