User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I try to greet everyone. Even those who are not looking my way. I try to evaluate their responses as to wether or not to continue. I’ll do the same the next time I see them. Sometimes folks are busy, some want to talk, and some don’t even look your way. That’s their prerogative. Life is too short.
    Matt
    2021 Momentum 376THS FW
    2020 Ram 3500 HO Cummins DRW LB
    B&W Companion 25K Splendide Washer and Dryer Separate DV6400X

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the four years' worth of camping, I have not run across anybody who appeared snobbish or even reluctant to verbally engage. Even with the covids, which seems to have taught much of society to be rude (at least on social media), I ran across nobody who appeared snobbish. Maybe they were out there, but kept such a great distance I did not even notice them. Last Summer, we camped in various places and folks were friendly and we often asked and answered questions about our RV's tow vehicles, dogs, etc. Oddly or not, the dogs tend to be the reason for striking up conversations. We had a black GSD that almost everybody felt compelled to "meet". Last year, it was the Texas Heeler puppy that caught people's attention and sparked conversation. When we saw campers with Grand Design RV's (we were considered that brand), we asked questions. This year, we bought the 337RLS and our maiden voyage will be later this month, so I am certain there will be some folks asking us about it.

As for other folks waving as we pass on the road, such may be happening, but different windshield characteristics often make those waves less visible. Over the years, I became accustomed to other motorcyclists and Jeepers waving, but (at least somewhat) notice less of that lately.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We spent the past few days at the TN rally, everyone was friendly and having a great time.

We left and stopped at a small cg on the way home last night and meet several more owners, I laughed because it looked like a mini rally. There short row we were in had us , 2 Solitudes and 4 more Reflections. All very friendly
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it is a sign of our current times. So many new people to camping. RV etiquette may be unfamiliar to them. Continue to extend the “hello’s and good mornings”. Regardless if you receive one in return or not. Our salutations should not be dependent upon their response. Let them see the wonderful people who RV. Ps...I love our GD. We have owned two Jayco’s and. Forest River previously. Our Jayco’s were one pre sale of company and one post. GD customer service is outstanding and their quality is better than we have previously experienced.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyBoyNevada View Post
    Just a question with no intention to stir the pot
    Has anyone else noticed a difference in attitude with some GD owners? We have had our Imagine about 2 1/2 years, and were almost always greeted with at least a smile from other GD owners in RV parks. I don't know if it is Covid or general attitude but owners simply don't seem as friendly, ever though we are all members of the same brand family. A couple of months ago, we were in Moss Landing California at a KOA. On our row was five Imagines including ours. In the three days all the rigs were lined up, no one ever said hi or even acknowledged us. We have had the similar situation in Greagle California also. We never try to be over friendly, but a nod or hello or good morning to fellow RVers would seem to be in order. If we had a profile, we are a couple with no kids or pets. Our rig & site are always pristine. No loud music or yelling. We just enjoy our rig and where we get to go. We have recently seen some posts from people who have attended rallys (we have never been able to get in) and their comment is that the people are stand offish and clanish.
    I certainly hope that our fellow owners are not taking themselves or their rigs too seriously, Yes, most of us feel we own a fine brand. I just hope my fellow owners don't start getting the snooty attitude our friends who own the aluminum tin cans of wheels have. (We once were in Tucson with a Airstream rally. Talk about snooty! These tin canners actually looked down at the ground instead of acknowledging a non tin can owner

Thanks for reading
    Just wondering... did you engage or acknowledge the other GD owners at the KOA or just expecting them to acknowledge you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Reflection 311BHS / 16K Airborne Sidewinder
    TV: 2012 Ford F-350 King Ranch / Airlifter Ultimate 5000 air bags / 16K Curt Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyBoyNevada View Post
    Just a question with no intention to stir the pot
    Has anyone else noticed a difference in attitude with some GD owners? We have had our Imagine about 2 1/2 years, and were almost always greeted with at least a smile from other GD owners in RV parks. I don't know if it is Covid or general attitude but owners simply don't seem as friendly, ever though we are all members of the same brand family. A couple of months ago, we were in Moss Landing California at a KOA. On our row was five Imagines including ours. In the three days all the rigs were lined up, no one ever said hi or even acknowledged us. We have had the similar situation in Greagle California also. We never try to be over friendly, but a nod or hello or good morning to fellow RVers would seem to be in order. If we had a profile, we are a couple with no kids or pets. Our rig & site are always pristine. No loud music or yelling. We just enjoy our rig and where we get to go. We have recently seen some posts from people who have attended rallys (we have never been able to get in) and their comment is that the people are stand offish and clanish.
    I certainly hope that our fellow owners are not taking themselves or their rigs too seriously, Yes, most of us feel we own a fine brand. I just hope my fellow owners don't start getting the snooty attitude our friends who own the aluminum tin cans of wheels have. (We once were in Tucson with a Airstream rally. Talk about snooty! These tin canners actually looked down at the ground instead of acknowledging a non tin can owner

Thanks for reading
    My parents have RV'd for over 50 years. Finally giving it up about 10 years ago due to age. It is their opinion that "friendliness" has been in a slow decline over the years. Fellow campers are not as friendly now as they were in the past.
    2023 Rockwood Signature 2442 BS
    2022 Ram 3500 Longhorn Limited , 6.7 CTD, 4x4

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by krsmitty View Post
    . Fellow campers are not as friendly now as they were in the past.
    And no reason they should be

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Not sure what you mean?
    2023 Rockwood Signature 2442 BS
    2022 Ram 3500 Longhorn Limited , 6.7 CTD, 4x4

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find that people are more interested in striking up a conversation over my Trump flag or Packers decor than the brand of camper or truck I drive. I've met a lot of extremely friendly people over both in the past couple years.

And yeah, a few dirty looks over both, but that's their problem... I'll be friendly to anyone. Even Bears or Vikings fans.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Why not? I believe that it is absolutely true that in the past people were a lot more friendly, at least I believe we were. So why shouldn't they be friendly now? My thoughts are , be friendly to people. Right up till they prove they don't deserve it.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast