Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5th wheel tires

Has anybody heard of Vitour tires. Looking to replace a ST235/80R16 14 ply G Rated.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldjn't want to risk your rig on tires you're unfamiliar with. Most of the no-name tires are Chinese, and they're notorious for poor quality.

The only budget tire I would suggest is the Sailun G rated tire. They're inexpensive, and I've never heard a complaint on them. I have Sailuns on the front of my tow vehicle, and they're doing okay. WalMart.com is the best place to order them from, and they come directly from Sailun in Florida by UPS.

Otherwise, the Goodyear G614 is the way to go. Great tire with a hefty price tag. The alternative is the LT/E ribbed tire offerings by Michelin or Bridgestone (Duravis). I have Bridgestone Duravis R250's and they're very impressive in sidewall thickness and weight.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    I wouldjn't want to risk your rig on tires you're unfamiliar with. Most of the no-name tires are Chinese, and they're notorious for poor quality.

The only budget tire I would suggest is the Sailun G rated tire. They're inexpensive, and I've never heard a complaint on them. I have Sailuns on the front of my tow vehicle, and they're doing okay. WalMart.com is the best place to order them from, and they come directly from Sailun in Florida by UPS.

Otherwise, the Goodyear G614 is the way to go. Great tire with a hefty price tag. The alternative is the LT/E ribbed tire offerings by Michelin or Bridgestone (Duravis). I have Bridgestone Duravis R250's and they're very impressive in sidewall thickness and weight.
    Ditto. I had a lot of miles on my G rated Sailuns on my last heavy fifth wheel. They looked brand new when they timed out. I replaced them with more Sailuns purchased from Walmart. They are a great tire with a cargo capacity that is higher than other G rated tires and a 75 mph speed rating.

But be careful...it seems as if as soon as you replace the tires you end up buying a new rig.
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since you already have 16" wheels, I would go with a good LT tire.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had 235x85x16 Sailun 637's on a 371 Fuzion we bought in Nov '14. When I saw made in China I thought they were junk and boy I was wrong. 3-1/2 yrs and zero problems. Will put Sailuns on our Solitude when the factory Westlakes wear out.
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 377MBS

2017 Ford F-350 Lariat DRW...FX4...4.10's...White Gold/Caribou with Black interior. Curt Q20 hitch. BakFlip MX4

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK... another vote for the Sailuns S637s. We've had them on two fifth wheels with zero issues. The Goodyear G614 is also an excellent tire.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced my Westlakes on Day 1. Didn't give them a chance to be a problem.