User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rearranging our 308 Bunkhouse floorplan

Now that the kids are getting older, we decided to do some furniture upgrades and rearranging in our 308bhts.

We got rid of the jackknife couch that was in the bunkhouse and moved our dinette into that location. We also got rid of our loveseat recliners and replace them with 4 sectional recliners with storage armrests. I then added two oval pedestal tables in front of each armrest so they do not interfere with the recliners.

This layout allows everyone to have a comfy seat while retaining the dinette for meals/card games/puzzles etc.

We did lose the jackknife bed but still have the dinette bed conversion for guests if needed.

The sectional is Thomas Paine's seismic line from camping world. The removal teak pedestal tables from Garelick.com.

I used flush mount pedestal bases to allow the couch slide-out to operate freely. Attachment 34034Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210321_234313.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	34035Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210509_215333.jpg 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	34036Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210509_215321.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	34037Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210509_215231.jpg 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	34038
    Attachment 34039

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jguzek; 05-10-2021 at 10:26 AM.
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali HD
    2017 308BHTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good! The tables are a really nice touch
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the same floorplan on our 323BHS bunkhouse, and GD called it the SuperSofa option. It came with a 6' dining room table with folding legs made out of the countertop ceramic.

We had a bad delamination of the leather, and it looked just awful in years 3-5. I recently ordered a RecCon hide-a-bed with the double bed, and it comes out just missing my kitchen island. We also have a new swivel rocking chair to take up the other space.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    We had the same floorplan on our 323BHS bunkhouse, and GD called it the SuperSofa option. It came with a 6' dining room table with folding legs made out of the countertop ceramic.

We had a bad delamination of the leather, and it looked just awful in years 3-5. I recently ordered a RecCon hide-a-bed with the double bed, and it comes out just missing my kitchen island. We also have a new swivel rocking chair to take up the other space.
    How do you like the Recpro furniture? I've heard a lot of good things. The Thomas Payne set from Camping World was too good to pass up. Hopefully it will hold up.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali HD
    2017 308BHTS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have liked to have a higher quality hide a bed, but RV furniture must be capable of going thru a 23 inch door. The RecCon is not as comfortable as my old love seat and left and right hand recliners.

They quit making Flexicoil RV furniture. I think a Lazy Boy couch back will separate from the bottom, but I didn't want to risk buying one and not be able to get it thru the door.

The hide a bed in the kitchen will be nice as the grandkids essentially take over our bunk house. I still need to get a 3 inch king size memory foam mattress to put on the three beds in there. The 1 inch foam mattress on those beds are very uncomfortable.