User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question towing with a Yukon

About to purchase an XLS 17MKE. Will tow with a GMC Yukon with the towing package. Has anyone had experience with a Yukon or Tahoe pulling this weight? Have been towing a smaller Coleman with zero difficulty. Thanks in advance for responses.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve found it tows very nicely with a Cayenne S, rated to tow 7700lb. I’ll soon post axle and tongue weights in detail, but ours weighs about 5360 lb loaded with 560 lb tongue weight. We’re not done tweaking it. We’ll probably shift some gear out of the Cayenne and into the trailer, increasing tongue weight but not the Cayenne GVW.
    Dave and Cathy
    2017 Porsche Cayenne S
    2021 Imagine 17MKE

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

towing with a Yukon

I don’t have a Tahoe/Yukon but I would think this trailer is a perfect match for your vehicle

Especially if your other trailer was a single axle this one with a tandem will tow much better

I had a Jayco Hybrid single axle that weighed 3500 lbs and although my Sierra hauled it fine I was amazed at how much better my much heavier 2400bh tows with the tandem. Much smoother tow

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Last edited by NB Canada; 05-10-2021 at 04:08 AM.
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dkayak View Post
    We’ll probably shift some gear out of the Cayenne and into the trailer, increasing tongue weight but not the Cayenne GVW.
    Not to go off topic but increasing the tongue weight will increase your Cayennes GVW

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Not to go off topic but increasing the tongue weight will increase your Cayennes GVW

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    We’ll be shifting it out of the Cayenne and into the trailer, some into the pass through and some behind the axles. Tongue weight might increase a bit but all of this weight will come out of the Cayenne, decreasing GVW.

Back to our regularly scheduled topic, I didn’t realize dual axles were that beneficial compared to single. Is that a “suspension effect” from having two contact points as you roll over bumps? The only single axle I’d towed was a Kendon motorcycle trailer. It rattled on the hitch, probably because there’s not much tongue weight and there’s little you can do to to shift weight. Motorcycles must ride in the chocks. It had a torsion axle but seemed bouncy.
    Last edited by dkayak; 05-10-2021 at 06:16 AM.
    Dave and Cathy
    2017 Porsche Cayenne S
    2021 Imagine 17MKE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I’m not using your tow vehicle, but properly loaded and with a proper hitch, no reason that should not be a comfortable towing experience. Move weight from the truck into the front of the trailer if needed.

Best thing you can do is hit a scale and dial in your hitch and loading. I run with 1/3-1/2 in my fresh water tank, but my trailer is lighter on the tongue than newer 17mke’s.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We towed our 2021 GD 17mke with our 2015 Tahoe last season. It towed fairly well until our transmission went out at 104,000 miles. We've since purchased a 2021 GMC Sierra.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron-Sue View Post
    About to purchase an XLS 17MKE. Will tow with a GMC Yukon with the towing package. Has anyone had experience with a Yukon or Tahoe pulling this weight? Have been towing a smaller Coleman with zero difficulty. Thanks in advance for responses.
    We pulled a similar trailer with a 2016 GMC Yukon for some time with no problems at all. In fact, with the towing package, you will barely notice you are pulling anything. When we replaced that trailer with one closer to 7,000 pounds, it got a little sporty. We still did it, but I missed the days of having a 4,500 trailer.
    2020 GD Imagine 2800BH
    Was pulled by 2016 GMC Yukon Denali 6.2l
    Now pulled by 2020 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Glad to have some confirmation. Mine is also a 2016 Yukon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2016 GMC Yukon and just purchased a transcend 221 RB and hoping it will pull it fine. Any updates on the towing with 2016 Yukon ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast