User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can’t get my water heater to work on electric. Brand new 303RLS. I don’t see an outside switch anywhere. The inside switch is on and lit. Hot works very well on propane. Where is the outside switch? Thanks.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie looking for help with Electric water heater

Suburban Wh have a switch on the wh itself with an anode rod, Atwood’s have an aluminum tank so no anode rod and no separate switch on the wh. Ohm out the heater element to see if it is bad. Let me look for a resource to get the ohms reqmts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I’ll be darned! Check the breaker numbskull. Lol. I looked at the fuse box. Didn’t find one. Forgot all about the breaker. Checked it. Yep. There’s 90 minutes I’ll never get back. I think they may leave it off so you don’t turn on the electric without water in it by mistake. I’m not much of a handyman, but I’m sure I’ll become one soon enough!
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Left The Driveway Lovetowanderrv's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have an Atwood or Suburban water heater? The Atwood will have a plastic drain plug. If you have the Suburban there is a black panel just above the burner tube and below the pressure valve. It has two covered black push buttons. The one on the right is the T-stat and ECO or emergency cut off for the 120volt side of the heater. It may have been tripped. Just press on it to reset. The next possible issue may be a burned out or defective heating element.. Without knowing if it worked prior its tuff to say. Best I can do without knowing more.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water Heater

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
    I can’t get my water heater to work on electric. Brand new 303RLS. I don’t see an outside switch anywhere. The inside switch is on and lit. Hot works very well on propane. Where is the outside switch? Thanks.
    We had the same issue! Turned on the water heater using electric and the light on the control panel would come on but then after about a minute it would go out. Finally gave up on electric and turned on the propane and it worked fine for our trip. Had the dealer look at it when we returned and they narrowed it down to a circuit board near the water tank. He said there was a recall on the boards and swapped the board out in five minutes. Has worked fine ever since.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12