Hello there,

I recently purchased the 2021 Grand Design transcend 297qb. I paid a company to do my setup at a camp site with water and electricity. During the setup process, after the power and water was connected and turned on. Roughly 5 minutes after turning the water on the service technician told us to run the shower to see if water was coming out, at whichpoint cold water was. The service tech said that since water is coming out of the shower that means that the water tank has water in it and advised me that it was safe to flick the electric water heater switch on, at the control board. After about 5 minutes I decided that I would use propane instead to heat the water and turned the electric water heating switch off and the propane switch on. I ran the water on propane and got hot water without any issues.

A week later since I was running low on propane I decided to heat the water with electric mode, I flciked the switch and the light turned on. After about 2 hours I had no hot water completely cold not even luke warm. I checked the fuse panel with nothing was tripped and the outside access to the water heater panel switch was in the on position.

Did he burn my heating element by not allowing enough time for the water tank to fill before instructing me to turn on the electrical water heater switch?

Sorry I'm completely new to Rving and would appreciate your advise.

Thanks