User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tight parking spot

Hi All-

Taking delivery of a Reflection 31MB in a few days and am hoping to store it in my driveway. I have one spot toward the back of the house that has 9'3" clearance between a fence rail and the side of the house. I pretty confident I can pull it through OK but not sure on backing it out. Anybody else have a similar clearance challenge that they find acceptable or not?

Thanks!
    2021 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD SRV 6.6 Gas
    2021 Reflection 31MB

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have my Momentum 394M stored at my house under an RV Carport that is pretty tight while backing it in. The shelter is only 13' wide and 13' tall (not counting the upward slope of the roof) and the metal bracing that goes from the legs up to the roof trusses cut down on the available room. In this picture, you will notice a red line painted on the concrete and gravel....that is the line that my streetside tires need to be at, in order to get the trailer in straight....AND have the proper clearance.....

2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At our old home, and with our standard body HTT and TTs, I regularly backed in from a 24-foot wide street and through a gate opening of 9'-2". If you saw my current situation with curving, narrow driveway lined with boulders... lol! My point is, with slow and careful control you can do it, and practice will make you better and better at it. There is no shame in resetting as many times as you need to do it safely either. FWIW - every experienced professional driver and recreational tower will tell you it's better to back in and pull straight out versus the opposite.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roof corners seem to catch a few folks unawares, particularly the passenger side front, some folks just don't think out the front of the RV connecting while back up.

I love the red line idea. Sweet spot every time.

As others have mentioned slow is good. GOAL a lot (get out and look). Do-overs are considered a good thing.

Remember that if your trailer is turning too much and the truck can't turn enough to straighten it out you can pull forward just a little bit, like a foot, to correct the trailers turning rate.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750